Miracle Feb 3 Sailing

Declady

How to describe our trip on the Miracle.... AWESOME.

We had a wrap around aft cabin - 8268- the location was great, the views spectacular and we loved having the separate rooms. I will post pictures of our cat 11 and our friends' cat 12 suite soon.

The two things that impressed me the most were the ship's cleanliness as well as the crew onboard. No matter where we were or what we needed, there always seemed to be a crew member handy to help us - and they were always upbeat and with a smile on their faces. Earl and Rocky in the dining room made every evening enjoyable. Our room stewards were always around with more clean glasses for our many cocktail/sushi parties in our room and we always had fresh towels as well as anything else we asked for. It was a very Disney-ish kind of experience and we wonder if this is because Carnival is now competing with Disney Cruise Lines.

I would rate the food as good - some meals were extraordinary, alot good and a few downright impossible to eat. But Earl was quick to take away the not so good meals and was back with something else in a flash.

We had a mix of 34 people in our group, couples and singles, age range from mid-40s to early 60s and everyone had a great time. There was something for everyone and my jaw is still hurting from all the laughs that we had.

We were thrilled with our stay on the Miracle and I can't think of anything bad to say about her.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has so ask away!

Did you go to Nick and Nora's and if so, what night did you choose to go? I have read that it''s best not to go on a formal night and I've read that it can be better to go on a formal night because the lobster is better in N&N's than in the main dining room. Any comments or suggestions?

Also, what excursions did you take?

What are the must do's and the "can do withouts"?

Declady - Glad you had a great time on your cruise. A group of us will be sailing on the Miracle in April and we all can't wait!! What food did you order that was not so good? I'll keep it in the back of my mind when we sail!!

Paula

DD had the Penne on the Elation and hated it.

We tried the steaks just about every night on Miracle and only the prime rib was good. One filet was edible, one wasn't. The strip wasn't. The Beef Wellington was excellent though.

I'm going to keep trying the steaks. After all, I can always get something else if they're bad! :D

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I suffer from Aft Wrap Envy.

But I'm sailing twice this year because I'm reverting back to inside cabins, which I quite like. For me, the choice is a shorter cruise with a balcony or two cruises in inside cabins. Guess which I chose?

Looking foward to the pics! She's a lovely ship.

We went to Nick & Nora's on the 3rd night but all of our friends raved about the braised short ribs that we missed. We weren't thrilled with the menu on the 4th night so maybe that was the night to go. Nick & Nora's was great - portions a little large for my liking - and they had a marvellous cheese selection at the end, which I somehow found room for!

As for the food - my worst meal was the mahi mahi and five people at our table had it. Three of the meals were fantastic and two were inedible. Same with the beef one night - mine was medium rare and my husband's was well done, although he had asked for rare. Luck of the draw I guess.

Re excursions - in Panama we did the biking tour and it was alot of fun.

In Costa Rica, we did the biking through a caribbean village and we were disappointed as the bus ride to get there was an hour & forty five minutes and there wasn't alot of biking involved in the trip. However, Costa Rica is beautiful. We didn't do much in Belize but a bunch of our friends did the beach & snorkelling activities and all of them were happy with their choices.

We sailed the Miracle the week before (1/26/08)- and everything Declady has said, I ditto! The staff is the best on the high seas! Always smiling -always helpful - the ship is beautiful, clean, and FUN! We had a great cruise!:D

We went to Nick & Nora's on the 3rd night but all of our friends raved about the braised short ribs that we missed. We weren't thrilled with the menu on the 4th night so maybe that was the night to go. Nick & Nora's was great - portions a little large for my liking - and they had a marvellous cheese selection at the end, which I somehow found room for!

As for the food - my worst meal was the mahi mahi and five people at our table had it. Three of the meals were fantastic and two were inedible. Same with the beef one night - mine was medium rare and my husband's was well done, although he had asked for rare. Luck of the draw I guess.

Re excursions - in Panama we did the biking tour and it was alot of fun.

In Costa Rica, we did the biking through a caribbean village and we were disappointed as the bus ride to get there was an hour & forty five minutes and there wasn't alot of biking involved in the trip. However, Costa Rica is beautiful. We didn't do much in Belize but a bunch of our friends did the beach & snorkelling activities and all of them were happy with their choices.

I havent biked in a couple years and I'm about 20 pounds over that weight which makes me about 80 lbs. overweight (poor bike)haha. Are there hills, or tough areas to bike and how were the bikes? My DH is a bike snob but he will get over it if he gets to go biking.

We sailed the Miracle the week before (1/26/08)- and everything Declady has said, I ditto! The staff is the best on the high seas! Always smiling -always helpful - the ship is beautiful, clean, and FUN! We had a great cruise!:D

And we were getting off as you were getting on! Great time!

One question for declady...we've got 8268 booked for our next trip on the Miracle. Did you notice any noise from deck chairs overhead? We were in 4228 this last time and it was fantastic!

[

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has so ask away!

I have a wrap-around aft Cat 11 suite booked on the Miracle (5295) and am wondering about the the bath tub? Is it a whirlpool tub or else a jacuzzi or just regular tub? If it's a whirlpool/jacuzzi I'll need to take dirrent toiletries :).

Pack the bubblebath! As far as I know, all Cat. 11's have the jacuzzi tubs. Probably not big enough for 2, but a nice size nonetheless. The only thing different about the Cat. 11's on deck 5 is that they only have one big room instead of the separate bedroom. You will be amazed at the balcony!:eek:

Archived