Princess Cruise Special Menu request

bambinaxoxo

Hello, my fiance and I plan to marry October 2009 hopefully with Princess Cruiseline. His family is pakistani and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to request a pakistani/halal menu for the guests that attend the cruise from his family. Help!!!

Hello, my fiance and I plan to marry October 2009 hopefully with Princess Cruiseline. His family is pakistani and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I would be able to request a pakistani/halal menu for the guests that attend the cruise from his family. Help!!!
You can request a special meal but I'm not sure that they would be able to make a Pakastani meal for you the way you expect it to be. The biggest problems would be ingredients (which I doubt the kitchen would have) and recipe.

I doubt it and I am sure it would not be what they would expect. I just wonder why you would be concerned to have them served their local menu. I am sure you do not expect a Big Mac or T-Bone dinner when you visit them do you. :confused:

I would also think they would not be expecting their local cuisine and may want to try the local fare. ;)

I doubt it and I am sure it would not be what they would expect. I just wonder why you would be concerned to have them served their local menu. I am sure you do not expect a Big Mac or T-Bone dinner when you visit them do you. :confused:

I would also think they would not be expecting their local cuisine and may want to try the local fare. ;)

A halal menu is dictated by Muslim dietary laws, not local custom. Halal includes some expressly forbidden foods with some similarities to kosher (but not identical). I would imagine that the request would not be unheard of and that Princess, with enough advance warning , would be able to work with you to develop an acceptable, if not perfect, menu.

I would check with your guests to find out how strictly they interpret the laws and what their expectations are. Call Princess with as much information as you can.

Congratulations on your engagement. :)

Just point of interest, according to Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal, McDonald's

is intending to offer Halal meals in the United States and already has halal chicken nuggets on the menu in Dearborn, Michigan.

Marlee

Indian Vegetarian Dishes are often available and you can request more such items. Plus lots of salads and fruits. There are also plenty of sea-food options. Kosher pre-packaged frozen food may also be requested.

Good to know thank-you

A halal menu is dictated by Muslim dietary laws, not local custom. Halal includes some expressly forbidden foods with some similarities to kosher (but not identical). I would imagine that the request would not be unheard of and that Princess, with enough advance warning , would be able to work with you to develop an acceptable, if not perfect, menu.

I would check with your guests to find out how strictly they interpret the laws and what their expectations are. Call Princess with as much information as you can.

Congratulations on your engagement. :)

Just point of interest, according to Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal, McDonald's

is intending to offer Halal meals in the United States and already has halal chicken nuggets on the menu in Dearborn, Michigan.

Marlee

Thank you soooooo much for helping me, for the congrats and for the back-up against the ignorant. ;)

Has Anyone Ever Been On A Salt Free Diet On A Princess Cruise? Can They Accomodate Such A Diet? Thanks.
Yes, they definitely can. Just see the Maitre D and he'll bring you the menus for the next day (lunch and dinner) and you can have any dish modified to be salt-free.

Archived