Need hotel in Miami-with 2 kids,next week!

kjsmom

Hoping you guys can help-

We are going to be in Miami Thurs-Sun for a precruise visit.

We have an infant and a soon to be 4yo. My understanding is most of the bouique hotels are not very kid friendly(ie- no elevator, bar scene in lobby after hours, etc)?

An ideal situation would be:

-close to the beach(not a requirement)

-safe place to walk at night(I heard downtown gets a bit dicey at night)

-walkable to shopping, food places so we won't need a car

-preferably 3*+

-not so close to big clubs and loud bars so that we would hear it in the room(both little ones are light sleepers)

This would be an ideal situation- we're flexible.

Has anyone rented from a private owner with luck? I always get nervous and would dread having no place to stay with 2 kiddies in tow.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate it!:o

In Dec. we stayed post-cruise at the Courtyard Marriot Beachfront hotel - it was lovely - nice pool, oceanfront bar/with food where we ate lunch. Had 1/2 price drink specials there from 4-7, and entertainment. The hotel was right on the boardwalk - we walked to South Beach (pretty far) just to see what it was like. For $10 we could have cabbed it to many South Beach restaurants. There was also an Italian restaurant- very kid friendly - attached to the hotel with decent prices and food. There was buffet breakfast in the hotel - I think it was $12 per adult. If you walked over the bridge (small) there was a Burger King, and a few other small restaurants/Baskin Robins/Walgreens, etc. Room had 2 queen beds - I think we paid $189 over Christmas week. We stayed there 3 days - had no car, either. Staff was nice. Free internet and printer, (printed airline tickets there) Cab from POM was about $32 (we had 4 of us) We would stay there again.

Archived