Carnival newbie with question

KatnipKris

Have a cruise with Carnival Valor coming up on March 2, 2008. Been on RCCL many times, plus a few other lines but this is my first with Carnival.

Going on a budget on this cruise so I have an inside cabin. My question is: Do they have lounge chairs on the exterior decks to relax on? I'm not a big sun person, so I'm not talking about around the pools but it looks like on the Lobby Deck they have an exterior deck, would they have lounge chairs on that deck level just to be outside away from the sun and to chill out?

Any other helpful hints about Carnival would help also. I'am already looking forward to their chocolate deserts:)

Thanks

Have a cruise with Carnival Valor coming up on March 2, 2008. Been on RCCL many times, plus a few other lines but this is my first with Carnival.

Going on a budget on this cruise so I have an inside cabin. My question is: Do they have lounge chairs on the exterior decks to relax on? I'm not a big sun person, so I'm not talking about around the pools but it looks like on the Lobby Deck they have an exterior deck, would they have lounge chairs on that deck level just to be outside away from the sun and to chill out?

Any other helpful hints about Carnival would help also. I'am already looking forward to their chocolate deserts:)

Thanks

Yes they have chairs and loungers (that is if the chair hogs don't save them all :eek: ). If you are away from the pool area you shouldn't have any problems getting a lounger.

You can check my website for all kinds of tips and hints (it's perfect for the first time cruiser) - www.seauonboard.com. You do want to read all you can on this site (CC is great - I learn something new every day and I've been posting here since 2002).

They did have a chocolate buffet on the Conquest (sister ship) not sure if they have one on the Valor - but you can always order Chocolate Melting Cake in the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise.

Oh yes, that is what I remember reading about! I couldn't remember the name until you mentioned it again.

Sea u Onboard, thanks for the website, very informative.

Will be on this ship with DH, two sisters and my neice and her family. This ship is going to some awesome ports.

Thought about upgrading to room 7440 but the price difference is about double of what we are paying so decided to stay where we are at.

Here is the deck you are referring to. It looks like there are only a very few lounge chairs out here but I doubt they are used much.

This area on the sister ship Conquest was full of chairs on our first sailing in 2003. When we sailed last year nearly all had been removed. Still there were always a few available.

2044886870021428279S600x600Q85.jpg

One of my complaints about Carnival ships was that there were no chairs along the exterior Promenade deck. The only place to lounge was near the pools.

There were on Jubilee and Empress. Empress has a wonderful all-around deck that is wide and had plenty of space to lounge either by the rail in the sun or under the overhang in the shade.

I've seen no chairs of any type (other than the benches holding life vests) on my recent cruises. I would dearly love to be able to lounge away from the pool areas. Do the foward decks on Glory have loungers? That would make my day, as I'm reverting back to inside cabins as well.

I agree I wish Carnival would put recliers or chairs on the promenade deck..That is one of my favorite decks on the days at sea! It is quite and I can doze off there in the afternoon. I also enjoy watching the other ships as they pass!

I just want to add to everyone elses consensus about the warm chocolate melting cake. It's to die for. Absolutely scrumptious and not to be missed. Not one single meal.
Had it last week. Good but to rich for me. I had to put my ice cream in it, but everyone raved about it. I loved the apple pie and ice cream.

Archived