obstruction on aft Jr. Suites - Explorer?

Konstancin

I'm looking at the aft suites on the 7th deck, but the TA wanted me to know that they had an obstucted view. Has anybody seen these and what is the opinion? We had aft cabins on Radience last year, and he warned that the view was not the same. I would be happy enough with central jr. suites, but it would mean being scattered (we'll have several cabins.) Does anyone have photos of these balconies? Thanks.

The Voyager class ships have construction beams crossing the view from the aft decks. No, it's not the same as the view you had on Radiance. We had a jr. suite on Voyager on deck 7, so I speak from experience. (we have also had an aft balcony on Brilliance) Still, the big balcony is a plus. However, we just returned from an unplanned back to back on the hurricane Ivan plagued Navigator, and tho' we've been getting aft cabins for the balconies, we enjoyed our regular side balcony on the second leg of the cruise as much as we did the slightly obstructed aft balcony on the first leg of the cruise. Also, if you go for the aft be advised that on decks 7 and 10 the aft balconies are covered. But on decks 8 and 9 they are open and are drifted with fine soot. It's not noticable when you're out there, but it covers the chairs and floor so that you never can walk out without getting soot on feet or shoes. It does clean off of the chairs however. Anyway, if you want a totally unobstructed view, don't take the aft cabin.

We've booked JS 7694 on the Explorer for February. I have seen pictures of the balcony on someones website that I got to from this site. It does look like you see the metal supports and cannot look straight down but you can look out and see where you have been. I liked the idea of a larger balcony so we booked. I too would be interested in seeing pictures of the balcony and the suite if anyone has them. Thanks..........

Deb from Nantucket

Archived