Will you book a September cruise again?

ebonybee

Keep in mind that hurricane season lasts 6 months in the Caribbean (June 1 - Nov 30) and 6 1/2 months in the Pacific (May 15 - Nov 30). For those that rule out cruising in hurricane season, that rules out half the year for the Caribbean.

The great rates start mid-August, but before that it is peak summer season prices. My family can only cruise when school is out so we pay top prices even though June and July are during hurricane season.

September is the month most notorious for hurricanes.

I'm with Imsulin - we are already booked on the same cruise for 9/17/05 - It's a CC group cruise and no hesitation in going. We have been the last 2 yrs during labor day week with beautiful weather. we would have been at sea again this labor day if not for a new grandchild - but it wouldn't have bothered us -

We live in Punta Gorda which took a direct hit after Hurricane Charley.

WE would want to be home to check on our possessions. We would also be afriad of traveling to and from the port.

We have done it in the past (see below Explorer and Summit). I speak only for me, my dh says he would do again.

ebonybee: Hate to say this, but meteorologists are saying that the hurricane cycle this year is normal. They've been reporting that the past few decades have been "quiet" (I assume that's in comparison to previous patterns).

Looks like cruising during hurricane season may be more of a gamble now than in years past.

beachchick

Archived