Two Questions about RCCL/Majesty

JoeTN

Im on the 9/8 sailing out of Miami (Nassau, CocoKay and the Keys), its a four day, does anyone have any idea which day the formal day will be ?

The reason I ask is, Im going with Mom and Dad and they aren't planning to attend formal night. More likely then not, there wont be a 4th traveling with me. So, knowing when Formal night will be will help my decision about attending.

2nd Question is, what are the chances of getting re-seated JUST for formal night (assuming theres someone else alone or a group of single people ect). I would still want to eat with my parents the other nights, but I really liked formal night on my last cruise and would like to attend again, but I wouldn't relish being alone at my table :p

Thanks!

we'll just get seated wherever, last cruise the 3 of us were seated with just a couple. If something like that were the case this time, I would want to be re-seated JUST on formal night, to avoid the third wheel and have someone to talk to ;)

we'll just get seated wherever, last cruise the 3 of us were seated with just a couple. If something like that were the case this time, I would want to be re-seated JUST on formal night, to avoid the third wheel and have someone to talk to ;)

Maybe you will meet a nice girl to have dinner with. ;)Sorry it is the mom in me!!:p

Maybe you will meet a nice girl to have dinner with. ;)Sorry it is the mom in me!!:p

well thats always the hope, but the reality is for a guy crusing alone, the other girl is with *someone* (be it a friend, boyfriend, or family) that wants them to have dinner with them. Even on my last cruise, I met a girl, and thier parents wouldn't let her dine with me and my family, or me alone, and I didn't really wanna go set with her family (kinda rude people :p)

well thats always the hope, but the reality is for a guy crusing alone, the other girl is with *someone* (be it a friend, boyfriend, or family) that wants them to have dinner with them. Even on my last cruise, I met a girl, and thier parents wouldn't let her dine with me and my family, or me alone, and I didn't really wanna go set with her family (kinda rude people :p)

Yikes, that is terrible. Our last cruise we requested a large table with my DD 21 and DS 19 and they sat us at a table with 3 20 year olds and the parents and grandparents. We had a ball. That is why I said to request a large table as there might be a better chance of getting someone your age at the table. If you want as soon as you board go speak to the maitre D and see what the demographics of your table is and if it is not great have it switched, they are very accommodating.

One more suggestion.... on your first night speak with your Head Waiter... let him know, if you still want to, that on formal night you would like to be a "filler" at another table... and explain your reasons.... he will know which tables have openings, etc.... worth a conversation....

Archived