Guesthouse/Hotel Recommendations (Honeymoon)

angelkisses

My fiancee and I are thinking of honeymooning in Key West. We are both in our 40s and looking for something romantic in easy walking distance of everything. We do not have to be directly on the water. In fact, I have been impressed by the guest houses I have seen on the internet although I have never stayed in one. Can anyone give some suggestions on nice places to stay? We drink socially, not heavy and not looking for a party palace. On the otherhand, we are very laid back and looking for a place we can relax and kick our shoes off if we want too. We will be going in May and our budget is around 150.00 a night for a room. Any help or suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Robin

All of Kal's suggestions are good ones (esp Marquesa) but I am concerned about your ability to get a room in May for $150 esp at some of the more upscale places. While May isn't high season, it is not as low as in the middle of September either.....so good luck...other possiblities you might want to consider include renting a condo or small house. Depending on how long you are staying, this might prove to be a more frugal option..while you won't have daily maid service, you will have more space and a kitchen so your new hubby can make you breakfast in bed! There are several websites that offer these sorts of spaces..if this is of interest to you, email me and I will be glad to share them with you, my email is BigNCBear@aol.com

Other guesthouses that you might want to consider are those on Truman....not quite as quaint as those further into oldtown but a little more reasonably priced I think....Try Lightborne Inn, The Mermaid & The Alligator, or the Red Rooster. Also, the Almond Tree Inn is more like a hotel but they do offer complimentary afternoon cocktails and continetal breakfast...its an old old motel that was HEAVILY renovated two years ago and has really wonderful rooms, nice pool, etc.

Have a great trip,

Clay - a key west local

You should check out the Eden House on Fleming street just past Grinnell on the map. My husband and I (over 40, too!) have stayed there twice so far in the past 3 years, our engagement trip AND our honeymoon. We usually go in September, but their package prices begin May 1st so you are in luck. Check them out at www.edenhouse.com. There is even a live webcam. It is beautiful, quiet, close to the Harbor Walk and a short walk to Duval Street, if you want to bar-hop. We usually do the Fun in the Sun package which includes a snorkel trip, and bicycles during your stay, 2 nights for $327. The place is beautiful, especially the pool with the waterfall. You can get a room with a screened front porch for a few dollars more. Congrats! They Keys are the best place to chill out and enjoy life. If you are driving from Miami, consider taking a few days to explore some of the other keys, like Big Pine Key and Bahia Honda beach for a real taste of old keys life.

Cynthia

Rotterdam Holiday Dec 22,2004

You should check out the Eden House on Fleming street just past Grinnell on the map. My husband and I (over 40, too!) have stayed there twice so far in the past 3 years, our engagement trip AND our honeymoon.

Cynthia, I would like to talk to you a little more about Key West and the Eden House, could you please email me at angelkisses28025@yahoo.com

Thanks

Robin

the Eden House - It is wonderful! :p Four of us stayed there last September and it is great! Happy Hour by the pool every afternoon gets the evening started off right! It's within walking distance of the good stuff, and Mike Eden and his staff are super! Be sure to check out their website for an idea of the layout, etc.

Lisa:)

My DH and I loved the Heron House B & B--it is close to everything, and the rooms are all different. They have a gorgous pool, and a big sunning deck. Be aware that this is a gay owned B & B, and there may be same sex couples staying there. It didn't bother us at all, and we truly enjoyed our stay.

Archived