Is a new ship replacing the Monarch for the 3 and 4 day cruises out of L.A.

sengil

nope, as far as I know, that have nothing scheduled. The rest of 09 and into 2010 hopefully will be released sometime in april or may. As far as I know, RCI has 3 replacements to make

1. As you said, Monarch 3,4 Mexico from LA

2. Mariner, 7 E/W Caribbean from Pt. Canaveral

3. Empress, the 7 night Bermuda (also the cruises in the winter)

I wouldn't be suprised if they did not fill the Empress's shoes, and possibly even the monarch's shoes. But I am certain they they will not leave Port Canaveral hanging. Liberty or Freedom will probably be making its way to Pt. Canaveral.

It's so interesting to know that the Monarch is stepping in for the Sovereign of the Seas in Florida. She will continue to do the 3/4 day cruise there.

Obviously, the powers of RCCL think that the other coast is not worthy of a 3/4 day cruise. Watch Carnival put a better ship in place to take up the slack that the Monarch leaves.

RCCL has two cash cows in place. One is the Monarch and the other is the Sovereign. For the life of me...........I do not know why they are going to throw that money away, unless I don't understand the European market enough to know why they are sending the Sovereign to Pulmantar.

Maybe someone here can straighten me out!!

Rick

Archived