Soft Drink Coupon Questions

ahotcouple

We are sailing Liberty next week and were wondering if its worth getting the soft drink coupon books beforehand.Is the cost savings significant to just ordering a soft drink onboard?

Also, do they put the soft drink coupon books in your stateroom if we order them online a few days prior to the trip?

Thanks!

We are sailing Liberty next week and were wondering if its worth getting the soft drink coupon books beforehand.Is the cost savings significant to just ordering a soft drink onboard?

Also, do they put the soft drink coupon books in your stateroom if we order them online a few days prior to the trip?

Thanks!

if you will be drinking 3 or more soft drinks a day, buy the coke card once you get on the ship. it will be worth the price.

I dont think I could drink 3 sodas a day, thats a lot to average. thats for the soda card.

the coupons might be a better deal, how much are they?

Soft Drink Credit: http://carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Specialty+Items&pid=500

$7.75 for 4 coupons ($1.94 per coupon)

One can of soda: $1.75 + 15% gratuity ($2.01)

If you are big soda drinkers, then I think you will get your moneys worth. My husband and I always get one as soon as we get on the ship. We are not big alcohol drinkers, so I know we get our moneys worth with the card. I know you probably aren't suppose to share, but I think most people do. They are 12 oz. cans, so 3 a day is not a lot for a big soda drinker.

our dd's arent big pop drinkers, but they like Mr. Pibbs which isnt available here in Canada. We get them each two coupon pages ( 2x4) That gives them each 8 pops for the cruise. They dont drink enough for the pop card, but it is still cheaper to get it this way than to buy the pop on the sail & sign card.

In my opinion the soft drink card and coupons are not worth it. There is no soda fountain for you to get your own drinks. You will have to go to the bar or find a waitress every time you want a drink. This might sounds like not a big deal but think of going through a 15 minute hassle each time you want a glass of coke and multiply that times the 3 or 4 times a day you want a drink. By the time you are done eating your buffet lunch your drink arrives or you have to stand in line at the bar while your food gets cold. In the dining room is the only place where this is easy, as you are being served anyhow. You can just pay a la carte in there, I think they keep a tab for you. The iced tea, lemonade, punch and juice are free and are self serve. My advice is to just live without soda for a week but I understand some people can't. If you need coke that bad then bring some on yourself. Carnival will let you carry on one case of soda, or you can put it in your bag. Its always nice to have a few of your own drinks in the fridge in case you get thirsty in your room. The pop card is a waste of money.

I am a big diet pop drinker. I usually carry on 6 pack of plastic bottles. I have never drank all the pop I have brought with me because there is so much else to drink. I bought the soda cards for my kids before and I don't think they really drank enough to make it worth it. They drank tons of milk and chocolate milk which is free. I wouldn't buy the soda card again.

My husband and enjoyed our own "Drink of the Day" special on our last day at sea in the glorious warm sun, pool side, in the middle of the caribbean ocean, on the Miracle this past Jan. It's one of our many favourite cruise memories...

Use your drink coupon to order a Coke or your choice of soda. Take one souvineer drink glass previously purchased and well washed. Fill glass half full with ice cream from nearest machine. Take a spoon and a straw. Add soda to glass. Lay back on your lounge chair, adjust your sun glasses, and enjoy your coke float at sea! It doesn't get much better! The drink coupons we purchased were sooo worth it! :-) Enjoy!

I think the soda cards are worth it. My hubby and son are both soda drinkers. Its their vacation too so they can enjoy their soda. We are sailing again in July and plan on getting their soda cards as soon as we get onboard.

Archived