Wine

Scuba

We bring our wine in our carry-on from Philly. Just keep it with us, when we get off plane, roll it on the ship. No problem. We also pack a change of clothes and some toiletries in there so we can freshen up and change for dinner in case we don't receive our checked luggage in time. I wrap the wine in bubble wrap just in case.

We bring our wine in our carry-on from Philly. Just keep it with us, when we get off plane, roll it on the ship. No problem. We also pack a change of clothes and some toiletries in there so we can freshen up and change for dinner in case we don't receive our checked luggage in time. I wrap the wine in bubble wrap just in case.

When was the last time you flew? You can't carry any item that holds more than 3 ounces and the containers have to fit in a 1 quart bag. This has been in effect for about 1½ years or so.

When was the last time you flew? You can't carry any item that holds more than 3 ounces and the containers have to fit in a 1 quart bag. This has been in effect for about 1½ years or so.

OMG! I forgot about that! Last time we cruised was 11/06 and that rule was obviously not in effect at that time. We will have to come up w/a new plan this summer for the Legend.

For those that have time or a rental car. Publix grocery store has a great selection of wine to take on board. We have typically taken a case of wine for two couples for a 7 day and have taken as much as 3 cases for a group of 16.

The prices you will pay at Publix more than covers the corkage if you in fact get charged for it. If you are concerned about having to get the sommelier to open it simply bring a corkscrew on the boat with you (in your packed luggage of course) and open the wine in your room.

Over the past 8 or so cruises we have rarely been questioned or charged. If you are worried about wine glasses simply take your unfinished wine and glass with you when leaving the dining room.

I do suggest though that you bring a roll of packing tape to use to reinforce the box and make a great handle to carry the box on board.

Bob

The Orlando airport has an amazing array of shops, but I can't recall specifically seeing wine sold there. Doesn't mean it's not there, just means I am usually zoning in on the Lush store and ignoring everything else around me when I'm there. :D There is nowhere near Port Canaveral to purchase that kind of thing unless you're driving yourself; you'd have to make a stop in town (say, at a Publix) before you get to the port itself.

I am a first time Carnival cruiser and the lines we have cruised with before no longer allow you to carry wine onto the ship. I gather from this post that Carnival is "OK" with us bringing a few bottles on in our carry on. Is this correct? Thanks for the info. Marilyn

I am a first time Carnival cruiser and the lines we have cruised with before no longer allow you to carry wine onto the ship. I gather from this post that Carnival is "OK" with us bringing a few bottles on in our carry on. Is this correct? Thanks for the info. Marilyn

Last year we cruised the Spirit for 8 days and brought on 8 bottles of wine and one bottle of Champagne. I just divided it up amongst my DH and myself checked luggage. I bubble wrapped it and put it in the very large zip locks. I do not know what changes have been made regarding excessive pop and alcohol being brought on board? I cannot believe that there would be a problem with a couple of bottles in each of your suitcases.

Smiles,Connie

OMG! I forgot about that! Last time we cruised was 11/06 and that rule was obviously not in effect at that time. We will have to come up w/a new plan this summer for the Legend.

I don't recommend packing wine in your checked luggage due to the possibility of breakage. We were in Italy in November and brought back 3 bottles of wine in my husband's checked luggage. Our luggage got lost, shuffled around and when it arrived at our home in Boston, the 2 bottles of red wine were shattered and the remains were all over my hubby's clothing. Of course, the white wine was intact (Murphy's law!)

We'll buy the wine in FL and put it in our carry-on.

We have never been charged a corkage fee on Carnival in the past when we have taken our wine from our wine cellar onboard. It really depends on your waiter and wine steward. They want good tips, so tend to not charge the fee ;)

I don't recommend packing wine in your checked luggage due to the possibility of breakage. We were in Italy in November and brought back 3 bottles of wine in my husband's checked luggage. Our luggage got lost, shuffled around and when it arrived at our home in Boston, the 2 bottles of red wine were shattered and the remains were all over my hubby's clothing. Of course, the white wine was intact (Murphy's law!)

We'll buy the wine in FL and put it in our carry-on.

We have never been charged a corkage fee on Carnival in the past when we have taken our wine from our wine cellar onboard. It really depends on your waiter and wine steward. They want good tips, so tend to not charge the fee ;)

It's our luck we prefer red :( Yes, we will have to have our taxi from airport take us to get wine before heading to the ship. I always pack DH's scotch and vodka in checked suitcase and have never had a problem, but I always put it in a plastic bottle and wrap w/bubble wrap. Can't do that w/wine :(

Archived