Opinions on Concierge Service on Voyager Class?

JsMom2

Is the concierge service on Voyager Class Ships worth the price?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is the concierge service on Voyager Class Ships worth the price?

• Yes...Definitely! We won't sail without it.
    • Yes, we do it whenever possible.
    • It's OK, but I'll just wait until I'm Diamond class to use concierge again.
    • No, save your money.

We are currently booked in a Grand Suite on a 7-night cruise on Voyager on November 1st. However, I'm considering moving to the 10 nt cruise on Navigator on Oct 31st. Obviously the price will go up for the longer voyage.

I haven't sailed on RCI in awhile, and have never done concierge with them. Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks!

We are currently booked in a Grand Suite on a 7-night cruise on Voyager on November 1st. However, I'm considering moving to the 10 nt cruise on Navigator on Oct 31st. Obviously the price will go up for the longer voyage.

I haven't sailed on RCI in awhile, and have never done concierge with them. Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks!

The Grand Suite is a wonderful cabin. The square footage is large, the balcony is very nice, the cabin layout is excellent, and the bathroom, OH, the bathroom.............

So much closet and drawer storage space, the heavy drape across the bed area for separating the cabin, the great vanity with pull-out magnifying mirror.......

I could just go on and on. But the Concierge Lounge is nice, too. But the cost of the GS is only worth it if you want the better cabin. Concierge services don't have that much financial value.

JMO

We love the Concierge service, lounge... but, for us, it is totally dependent on who the Concierge is...... We have been in suites and not used the Concierge Lounge.. because it is inside... so, again, it depends on who is working in the lounge, for us....

I only book a GS or OS and never set foot in the CL. There's really nothing that they can do for you that you can't do yourself. As far as the free drinks for a few hours at night I'd rather be at a fun bar having a good time than sitting in a crowded stuffy room. I just book for the cabin space and comfort. If your booking a GS just for the CL then by all means it's not worth it.

We had GS1252 on the Voyager the week of January 13, 2008, and our concierge, Martin Sanchez, was wonderful. At least we found him to be. He did seem to be a little over work, at least in my opinion, but the work load didn't seem to bother him. He kept it all in stride - with a smile on his face and a hand that was always ready to help us.

If you think you will appreciate the comfort of a Grand Suite or Owner's suite and do not mind the extra costs, go for it. We love them both. The Concierge lounge is a nice bonus but as we are diamond it is not a deciding factor. Martin Sanchez seemed very nice but we did not use his services except for getting Ice Show tickets, which he took care of promptly. He always seemed preoccupied with other duties. I am sure he does a fine job-have heard many nice words about him.

We had GS1252 on the Voyager the week of January 13, 2008, and our concierge, Martin Sanchez, was wonderful. At least we found him to be. He did seem to be a little over work, at least in my opinion, but the work load didn't seem to bother him. He kept it all in stride - with a smile on his face and a hand that was always ready to help us.

We sailed on the Voyager in November out of Barcelona and also had the pleasure of meeting Martin. He was extremely efficient and very pleasant.

Thank you for all the responses. We decided to go with the GS. We've been cruising Disney and are used to having a lot of space. (Their 1-br suite is over 600 sq feet!) We just won't expect the same personal touch from the concierge that we get on DCL.

I'm really looking forward to getting back on RCI, it'll be our first time on a Voyager class!

Wendy

Ouch... that had to be the Voyager, right? We were recently on the Navigator and Carlos Marasigan was the Concierge attendant... and was wonderful.....

By the way K.... won't be long now... thinking about packing for the weather in Vegas :D HMS left this morning for the house in N Fl... so I've got some quality time to catch up on things..... see you pretty soon....

Archived