Freedom of the seas?

Gixer

I am new to this part of the forum, I am trying to find out info on a ship called Freedom of the seas, am I in the right place?!

We just returned from a Disney cruise (our first ever cruise) and really enjoyed it, and while we were there we heard lots of people talking about Freedom and comparing it to Disney, I liked the sound of the ship with the huge pool area and ice rink etc and would like to find out some more info and hopefully book a trip.

Are there any rooms with balconies? We all really enjoyed the balcony on our last cruise and used it a lot, so this would be a 'must'

Not so bothered about shipboard activities for adults, but would like to know if the kids clubs run all day

Does the ship only sail out of Miami? I would like to add on some time at WDW, is there transport arranged to the port from Orlando or would we need to make our own way down?

There was one formal night and a semi formal night during our last cruise, is there a formal night on Freedom? what are the dining options if we choose not to go to the formal night?

Is there a free soda station?

If anyone has any trip reports photos etc that they would like to share I would be very grateful!

Thank You :)

Freedom of the seas is the worlds largest cruise ship. There are tons of balcony cabins and they do have a kids program that runs all day.... which is age appropriate. The H2oZone is a great place for kids. Then you've got the famous flowrider (surf simulator) mini golf and the rok climbing wall. For adults, the solarium is a relaxing pool area without the kids and then there is the promenade which is the atmosphere of a mall or quaint town, which shops, eaterys, bars, etc.

Sodas are not free... you can purchase a card to get unlimited drinks. Right now, FOS is sailing out of Miami only. I am sure a shuttle service could get you from Orlando to Miami, but it may be cheaper to rent a car... not sure.

In addition to RCCL's website, look at:

www.freedomoftheseas.com and

www.freedomofteseasmedia.com (great pictures)

Hope that helps some. There is tons of info on Freedom if you google it.

The Freedom class of ships, are an expanded version of the Voyager class, bigger with more activities.

You can get a lot of information on the Voyager class ships here www.voyager-class.com , research the last two ships, Mariner and Navigator, they are very close in design to Freedom

Gixer, we just returned from our Freedom of the Seas trip, let me know if you'd like to see our pictures :) The sites mentioned above to have great info, many of their pics are great but there's nothing like REAL pics rather than the spiffed up ones :)

-Jane

Gixer, we just returned from our Freedom of the Seas trip, let me know if you'd like to see our pictures :) The sites mentioned above to have great info, many of their pics are great but there's nothing like REAL pics rather than the spiffed up ones :)

-Jane

I would love to see your pictures!

Can someone tell me where all of you get the cruisecritic countdown siggies?

I haven't sailed on Freedom yet, but have sailed on Disney. I don't believe the kids club on the Freedom has the same hours as the Disney clubs. The one on Freedom, I believe closes for lunch and dinner. They shut down from 5 -7 PM and I think around noon - 2PM. It's not a big deal but it was nice to have the kids club on Disney take them to the buffet and not have to worry about it.

glo1196, if you post your email address here I can send an invite for you to view my kodak gallery album from our FOTS cruise last week. If you don't want to post your real email address just go to yahoo and make one for this and then delete it after you view the album :)

-Jane

Jungle Jane: Here is my E-mail: aum.john@yahoo.com I'd love to see the pics my wife and I are booked in a Jr Suite in Sept right after she gets back from Iraq.. so it will be nice...;)

FleeFlicher: any Jr Suite ..... I've got one near the Hump.... that's where most say to get. but every body had their preferences... Starbord or Port side, Forward or Aft.... just can't go wrong with any Jr Suite, but be warned... once you go suite you may not be able to go back.... my wife and I are hooked on the Jr Suite... and since it's just the two of us there is plenty of room:p

Soda Card is the way to go... I've gotten my money's worth and then some..:D

Dragon-will send kodak invite for you to view our pics! We had a regular balcony room so I can only imagine how nice your suite will be-we loved our room!

Flicker-no tub in our room, just a round shower, but the sofa was very comfy, not that we spent much time on it!

And lastly, this is Grand Suite 1298. This suite cost us the same as a Cat 6 Verandah on Disney Magic. And we received all of the suite perks that comes with it (concierge level service)

If you want to see the kid activities for this ship, click on the link in my signature, then go to RCCL Adventure Ocean

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

I am new to this part of the forum, I am trying to find out info on a ship called Freedom of the seas, am I in the right place?!

We just returned from a Disney cruise (our first ever cruise) and really enjoyed it, and while we were there we heard lots of people talking about Freedom and comparing it to Disney, I liked the sound of the ship with the huge pool area and ice rink etc and would like to find out some more info and hopefully book a trip.

Are there any rooms with balconies? We all really enjoyed the balcony on our last cruise and used it a lot, so this would be a 'must'

Not so bothered about shipboard activities for adults, but would like to know if the kids clubs run all day

Does the ship only sail out of Miami? I would like to add on some time at WDW, is there transport arranged to the port from Orlando or would we need to make our own way down?

There was one formal night and a semi formal night during our last cruise, is there a formal night on Freedom? what are the dining options if we choose not to go to the formal night?

Is there a free soda station?

If anyone has any trip reports photos etc that they would like to share I would be very grateful!

Thank You :)

I think you'll Love Freedom of the Seas.

Yes, there are Lots of balconies.

Lots of kids activities all day.

It only sails out of Miami...I think you will have to find your own transportation. GrayLine has a shuttle...there are probably others.

http://www.grayline.com/Grayline/destinations/us/orlando.go?mode=activityDetail&apid=2007&sid=531

You can get a soda card, which is good for soda anywhere on the ship. They also have a free ice-cream station by the pool.

There are 2 formal nights. There are other restaurants to chose from if you do not want to do formal. The list of restaurants is on the Royal Caribbean web site.

Check out YouTube for videos of the Freedom of the Seas.

You'll LOVE it....have a great time!

OK, so you don't want to dress up for formal night.

When we went, we really didn't want to dress up any night.

You can always go to the buffet...or Johnny Rockets.

Or, during dinner hours, you can order anything off the dinner menu and have it delivered to your room!

Between DH and I, we ordered 4 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 4 desserts one night!

The only drawback is that if you order the Wine and Dine package, you actually have to go to the dining room to get it. That sucked, walking in in my shorts and flip flops. But hey, if RCI really didn't want shorts in the dining room, they would have made it easier to get my wine!

Hope this helps!

crusinmama-I have yet to figure out how to post pics--help?

Your pics are awesome--crystal clear! A bunch of my pics were taken with the waterproof Kodak and didn't come out clear-the water pics came out great but a bunch of the non-water ones are blurry or grainy.

If you can tell me how to post pics I'd be very grateful!!!

Thanks!

-Jane

crusinmama-I have yet to figure out how to post pics--help?

Your pics are awesome--crystal clear! A bunch of my pics were taken with the waterproof Kodak and didn't come out clear-the water pics came out great but a bunch of the non-water ones are blurry or grainy.

If you can tell me how to post pics I'd be very grateful!!!

Thanks!

-Jane

I host mine on a site like www.photobucket.com It's free to register and it stores all of my cruising pictures so I can post them here. After you upload them, there will be an IMG code under the picture. Just click on that and then paste the code here.

You can also simply copy/paste a picture too.

Thanks for all the brilliant info - the more I research this ship the more I think its may just be the right choice for us! The photos were great, its nice to see things from a personal perspective. How many people did the Grand suite accommodate? we are a family of 4, what are the sleeping arrangements? is it a double bed as shown in the photo and does the sofa covert to a pull out bed? Any info on what type of suite would best suit a family of 4 would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for all your help :D

Hello,

We are planning a trip on the freedom of the seas and I am trying to decide on getting a suite or not. Can someone please give me their opinion on whether it is worth it or not. I understand that it is based on personal choice but I would still like some input. What are the perks of the suite besides more room? Thanks in advance for any help in the matter.

-Jane

If you would not mind I would love to see the pictures too! We are planning on booking the FOS soon as the fall 2009 cruises are released!;)

Thanks,

Lonnie

lon.steinfath@us.af.mil

Archived