Tux Rental on RCCL

JoeTN

Do you rent the tuxedo directly from RCCL or is it done through like a vendor? I've decided I'm not bringing a suit this time but would love to wear a Tuxedo :-> Just wondering if theres a way to do it ahead of time, or if its first come on the ship.

(Yes, I'm aware I might be the only one in a Tuxedo, that'll make the guy in flip flops feel even worse :-D)

Hey Joe,

I've been cruisin over 30 years. Started when I was in my mid-20's and always dressed in a tux on formal night. It made me feel great and my wife loved it. On top of how you feel, not having to pack something that could get wrinkled makes so much sense; at least for someone as lazy as me. Go for it and have a great time. Good Sailing, Murf.:)

Joe, you will NOT be the only one in a tuxedo, trust me. Hubby rented one from the company at the above link, and it was wonderful. He measured himself, no big deal (did not have to make a special trip to a formal/suit place and have them measure for something he wasn't buying in their store anyway) and it was hanging in our room after dinner the first night (pretty sure, anyway). Everything fit perfectly, and if it hadn't, he could easily have made adjustments right on board.

You'll look fabulous. Rent the tux. :D

Joe, you will NOT be the only one in a tuxedo, trust me. Hubby rented one from the company at the above link, and it was wonderful. He measured himself, no big deal (did not have to make a special trip to a formal/suit place and have them measure for something he wasn't buying in their store anyway) and it was hanging in our room after dinner the first night (pretty sure, anyway). Everything fit perfectly, and if it hadn't, he could easily have made adjustments right on board.

You'll look fabulous. Rent the tux. :D

Just an FYI for anyone who reads this and hesitates. Tuxedo shops all over the world are used to people coming by for measurements. They even have little printed cards that you can easily mail to another tuxedo shop. It's a courtesy they provide as many people have to travel to different states for weddings and other events.

It's an industry standard and reciprocal.

That's right--they're making their money by other formal shops measuring clients for them too. They'll take care of you and it should be done right. Although I always take my own, I've heard a lot of people on here say that you'd better try that rental tux on as soon as you board. It should be waiting for you in the room. There are lots of testimonials here on CC about fit problems that were taken care of on board as long as they let them know in time. As we've told you on another thread, you'll be far from the only one with a tux. Enjoy, and I'm proud of you for doing what you want to do and furthering a great tradition.

We were very pleased with the tux rentals from cruiselineformals on our Christmas Freedom cruise. I, my son, and son-in-law all rented tuxes. We did our own measurements - they explain very clearly how to do them - and did it all online. They were waiting for us and all fit well.

We have some great photos of us all looking sharp.

We will definitely do it again -- no need to hassle hauling it in the suitcase.

The RCCL web site has a link to the vendor that does the tux rentals (as others have pointed out). You can book ahead of time, and have the tux ready when you board.

thanks for all the answers. Im really looking forward to this, not just dinner, but spending the evening in my tux. closest I've ever come was an army formal dinner, so Im definately excited. I daresay some part of me always pictures formal night as something on the Titanic...and for all you pro-formal people, bet your butt I'll be sending dirty looks to certain "underformal" persons :D

You will look great in your tux! Enjoy the evening!

I rented tuxes for my three 20-something sons on our cruise a couple of weeks ago and they looked wonderful and fit great. I did the measurements myself (I used to be a seamstress so it wasn't a big deal) and they all fit fine. We had formal night pictures taken that night and those will be something I will always treasure. I've never seen all my sons dressed "to the nines" like that before. :p

I'm glad to hear there are still those who understand and enjoy what "formal night" is supposed to be about. :D

Archived