Don't Drink The Water?

WinnieinWA

Do not drink it UNLESS you are taken to an APPROVED Restaurant that has purified water...that goes for beer on ice, salads, etc.......and that goes for just about anywhere in Mexico....If you get a can of soda or beer, and it is already cold, make sure to wipe it down...if it has been "on ice", the rim could be contaminated.......

How's the tap water and ice in PV? :confused:

... on what tap the water is coming out of. The established resorts and restaurants have their own purification systems and I drink the tap water quite often. There are little stores selling bottled water all over the place and all restaurants will offer you the choice of bottled water or tap.

Most establishments buy their ice directly from the water purification plant. It is more cost effective to do this vs. running and maintaining an ice making machine on-site. If the ice cubes have a hole in the middle, then the ice came from the purification plant.

I shy away from buying fruits and beverages from the street vendors.

Vallarta is a major tourist destination. They make their living off of us tourists and it is not in their best economic interest to serve us tainted food & drink.

http://www.vallarta-info.com/puerto-vallarta-info.html#water

Enjoy!

The tap water in Pv tastes good and the water purification plant in PV is rated as one of the best inthe world. I would question some of the older pipes....as in any city I was in.

I drink the tap water down there when a bottle of water isn't within grabbing distance and when eating at the many wonderful restaurants in PV.

Wish I was back there right now :)

Archived