Good upgrade offer???

susiefay

We just were offered an upgrade from an sz to an sa for $299.00 per person. Trying to decide if we should go for it or not.....any input would be greatly appreciated, this is our first HAL cruise, so we are unsure what to do:rolleyes: Thanks, in advance, for the help...we leave in 12 days:D

We just were offered an upgrade from an sz to an sa for $299.00 per person. Trying to decide if we should go for it or not.....any input would be greatly appreciated, this is our first HAL cruise, so we are unsure what to do:rolleyes: Thanks, in advance, for the help...we leave in 12 days:D

I would take this offer in a heartbeat! You would get to use the Neptune Lounge and take advantage of the suite perks if you moved to the SA. :)

I'm not you, but what I would do is to check the price of the cabin you now have and compare it to the price you paid for it. Then I would add the $299 per person to see what the final total is. Then, I would go somewhere online and see how much an SA is selling for now for the same cruise, itinerary, dates, etc.

For our Alaskan cruise, we booked an SB, but now it is more than $200 more per person than at the time we booked it. We were told we could change to an SA, but it would be an additional $200 per person. That puts us at only $100 less than an SA is selling for now.

Just work the numbers and see how it turns out. If you can save a bunch of $$$, by all means go for it. Good luck.

Susie, I have stayed in both SZ and SA. The Neptune is nice The SZ thru SS are nice cabins, just a little smaller than the SA and the balcony is just a little smaller than the SA. Still a large cabin with a large balcony. The coffee machine is nice in the Neptune, but for almost $600.00 more, I could buy a lot of specialty coffees and have more spending money. It's a personal choice for you and you can't go wrong either way! The price they are offering you on the SA is a good price.

Diane

First off take the deal, you will love the room and the Neptune lounge. Gosh darn they never offer me those kind of deals, lucky you!

Secondly, take the room right across from the Neptune lounge, we always try to get as close to that room as possible. Nice to just hop over to get some early morning coffee or afternoon snacks. Once you've done it, you'll understand why I gave you that advice.

Our TA has to put the call in to HAL tomorrow morning, I guess they don't take calls on Sat,. she couldn't get through yesterday. Hopefully they are still holding an SA for us, as we definitely decided to go for it:D Let you know then....btw, dbullsfn, looking forward to the meeting you and all the others, we asked our TA to tell the powers that be that we have siled almost all the ships under the big umbrella, except HAL, so maybe they want to entice us to sail again???:rolleyes: Who knows, just very happy to be able to cruise soon:o

Well, just wanted to let you all know, as of this morning we are in an SA cabin almost directly across from the Neptune Lounge:D :D I am excited beyond words!! Thanks to everyone on here who helped me decide. If it weren't for my TA calling last Friday, we would not have been given the offer. At first they told her the ship was all sold, but then she asked to be transfered to "ship's inventory", apparently they have the inside scoop. Thanks again:D susan

Hey dbullsfn, congrats on your upcoming nuptials:D What a great honeymoon trip! We are in 7062, so excited to have these acommodations for this much needed trip. I hope to make good use of the lounge, so i am sure we will see you there! Again, have a wonderful wedding:D ...susan

Well, just wanted to let you all know, as of this morning we are in an SA cabin almost directly across from the Neptune Lounge:D :D I am excited beyond words!! Thanks to everyone on here who helped me decide. If it weren't for my TA calling last Friday, we would not have been given the offer. At first they told her the ship was all sold, but then she asked to be transfered to "ship's inventory", apparently they have the inside scoop. Thanks again:D susan

Susiefay, please come back to the boards after taking your cruise and let us all know what you thought about your SA cabin and the Neptune Lounge. Have a great cruise with blue skies and calm seas.

Archived