Acceptable attire in the PG for breakfast

jmk22574

We have an SB suite booked to Alaska this September. Last year, we never went to the PG for breakfast for some reason (we were in a suite then too). Is it okay to wear jeans and a sweatshirt here for breakfast since we'll be heading out on our shore excursions shortly thereafter? I know the PG is a much more formal atmosphere for lunch and dinner, just curious about breakfast - thanks!

Jill

Pinnacle Grill hours for breakfast mirrors the dining room hours. Ours on Noordam were 8-9:30. They had the most wonderful cranberry pancakes as a special one day. We got there as late as 9:25 and were seated without a problem. People were still eating at 10:15; it was never crowded. The menu selection was not extensive but I gathered that you could probably order anything you wanted without a problem. The service on Noordam was the best of any PG we had been in.

GN

You can wear the same as you would wear for any breakfast ....

Well - any breakfast other than room service! :D Don't know about you, but I eat room service breakfast in my jammies :p - and I would not do that in the PG! :eek:

That said, the clothes you are planning to wear on your shore excursion would be fine for breakfast in the PG. And it is a very nice way to start your day - don't miss out on it this time.

Enjoy your cruise - Alaska is beautiful, and HAL's suites are wonderful!

I know the PG is a much more formal atmosphere for lunch and dinner,
I disagree. PG lunch is just as casual as any other venue, and dinner on smart casual nights is only a little more formal than the dining room. That is, you will see a higher percentage of men with jackets, but not all.

Your jeans are fine for breakfast in both the dining room as well as Pinnacle. Personally, we love room service in our cabin but the few times we have had breakfast in a Pinnacle, it was very nice. Enjoy.

Archived