Aft or Forward? NCL Sun Suites?

Lisa&Neb

we stayed in the AC suite 9076 last week. it was aft and the balcony was tremendous. there was very little wind at sea, and the views to stern were amazing. in your case, however, the AD cabin would be much larger than the AF.check on line for pics and footage of both, if you can't decide.

We had an AC aft suite and my in-laws had an AD forward suite on last week's sailing. We were on their balcony and commented on the lack of wind. It was a surprise after reading about how windy other people thought the forward was. Now granted, we were only out there one time while the ship was sailing, so I can't say that it was always that calm. We enjoyed our suite on the aft, because we could watch the islands "disappear" as we sailed away. Didn't have the problem with the soot like some previous posts indicated. Although, we did have the guy above us dump his drink out on our balcony while we were out there. My husband leaned out and shot him a dirty look. Don't know much about the AF. My brother-in-law was in an AE, and I thought there really wasn't that much difference between that and a regular balcony cabin, with the exception on the shower/tub combo.

Lisa&Neb: We were in minisuite 9278 facing aft two weeks ago. A minisuite is really just a bigger balcony cabin, not really a suit. Onlty other perk is a tub/slower. The aft AF is sort of a square room, so the balcony is about 50 percent wider than a regular balcony. We had two chairs and two chaise lounges on ours. We loved the aft facing cabin, there's a very slight engine vibration (which we found pretty soothing) it was very calm. Our friends a deck up saw dolphins out back as we left Roatan.

We are hoping to move up to a Suite, there are AF and AD left.. the AF is aft and the AD is forward. Any suggestions? I am thinking aft as there will be less wind!!

Aft is less wind but we prefer fwd., as we enjoy seeing where we are going and not where we've been:)

If either of you are likely to get seasick...aft is better;)

Archived