Holiday problem?

PTCruizer

We were driving near the terminal yesterday morning and everything seemed normal; cars lined up to get into the parking garage. Heard nothing in the local news about a delay in sailing, however if she was still at the terminal this morning, something must be amuck!

The Holiday has a serious problem with brown water. Although it is drinkable it is a cause of concern for many people. Many a post on these boards about it.

Not sure what a brown water situation has to do with the a delayed sailing :confused: Unless, in the unlikely event, they had a complete and total plumbing break-down?

The Holiday has a serious problem with brown water. Although it is drinkable it is a cause of concern for many people. Many a post on these boards about it.

What does this has to do with a possible medical emergency?:confused:

I was just on the Holiday a few weeks ago and the water was very brown in my cabin. I have been on the Holiday many times so I already knew to bring a case of water. I didn't even rinse my toothbrush with the water. Luckily the ice cubes were nice and clear. I would have been leary if the ice cubes were brown or if at the ice carving demonstration he would have carved out a big brown ship :D Also I got on the ship about 3:45pm (yes I almost missed the boat) and nobody was allowed to go into any rooms until about 4:30pm. The halls were closed off. I was told that a lot of people had gotten sick on the previous cruise and the whole ship was being sanitized :eek: Then the first port day when I was in the bottom of the ship on the 3rd floor waiting for a tender to arrive so I could get off the boat (1:30pm-ish) a lady on a stretcher came down the hall and she was put on the tender that arrived. The crew that was pushing the stretcher all had on gloves and white protective masks over their mouth/nose. No one else was allowed to get on that tender. I also saw a cabin that was 5 doors down from mine being sanitized on the 4th day. The crew also had masks and gloves on when cleaning that cabin. Hopefully the Holiday will get a good scrubbing and no one else gets sick. Thank goodness myself or my little girl didn't get sick.

Have you been on the Holiday and seen this brown water?

We sailed her in December. Yes there is rust colored water for about 3 seconds...and then it clears out (which is why there is not "brown" in the ice cubes or the ice carvings).

It never bothered me because I was aware of the situation before I booked.

Our cabin was on Empress mid-ship. It was not our best cruise, but it was still fine.

Loks like the CDC VSP web site has it listed as "Pending" from the 1/24-1/28 sailing...

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2008/jan28holiday.htm

I was on the January 28th cruise. This was the one that I said we had to wait to get into our cabins because of the sanitizing of the ship. Also in the wharf grill no one was allowed to use the serving utensils to get their own food. You had to tell the servers what you wanted and they placed it on your plate. Even at the salad bar no one was allowed to touch any serving utensils. It did slow things down a little but it was worth it for me and my little girl to not get sick. We washed our hands a lot that week.

This evening on WKRG Mobile:

Carnival's Holiday Cruise Ship can't seem to catch a break. Less than 3 weeks after 145 passengers and crew members came down with a gastrointestinal illness, Holiday unexpectedly returned to Mobile over the weekend.

A Carnival Cruise Lines spokesperson based in Miami said the Holiday returned briefly Sunday because of a medical emergency, but would not elaborate.

Holiday left Mobile Saturday afternoon on a 5-day cruise to Mexico. The ship turned around 1:30 Sunday morning because of the medical emergency. According to the cruise line's policy, if a passenger has a medical emergency, the crew decides where to dock. In this case, the crew decided it was easiest to return to Mobile.

Carnival says the the ship was evacuated while the passenger was taken off. Once things were cleared, the remaining passengers got back on and headed to Mexico.

Why would they evacuate the whole ship for one passenger? :confused:

WOW~~how unlucky for those passengers~~sounds like their cruise got off to a rocky start. As you know I have posted numerous concerns about the Holiday & my upcoming cruise & NOW I read that the sailing is PENDING???? HHHHMMMM??????? Looks to me like I have every right to be concerned & it sure doesnt seem to be looking very good.

It sounds like from other posts here that the rusty brown water is still an issue & NOW who knows what is causing the pending status from the CDC.

So, any updates on the Holiday would be appreciated.

WOW~~how unlucky for those passengers~~sounds like their cruise got off to a rocky start. As you know I have posted numerous concerns about the Holiday & my upcoming cruise & NOW I read that the sailing is PENDING???? HHHHMMMM??????? Looks to me like I have every right to be concerned & it sure doesnt seem to be looking very good.

It sounds like from other posts here that the rusty brown water is still an issue & NOW who knows what is causing the pending status from the CDC.

So, any updates on the Holiday would be appreciated.

where did you read the sailing is pending?

Loks like the CDC VSP web site has it listed as "Pending" from the 1/24-1/28 sailing...

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2008/jan28holiday.htm

where did you read the sailing is pending?

What is listed as "pending" is the causative agent of the "GI outbreak" on the 1/24-1/28 sailing.

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/GIlist.htm

Yes, Mustang Convt. you have the right to be concerned about whatever you want. But please read your information correctly before you post hate on this site. The CDC report does NOT state the upcoming sailing as "Pending". The report states that the CAUSE of the recent outbreak of illness was pending. Also note the other cruise lines that have experienced an outbreak this year and last year. The poor little Holiday is not mentioned too often.

She is a fine little ship. Yea, she has her problems but don't we all??

I hope you can get your trip changed soon. We will all stand up and cheer for you when you do.

Archived