Dive Bus Curacao question

KJHorton

You should have no problem making the early dive. It's about a fifteen minute drive from the cruise ship docks.

We consider The Dive Bus to be the BEST dive operator anywhere. They certainly are one of the friendliest and the most fun bunch we have ever encountered.

We spent the entire day diving with them. We did two dives in the morning and two in the afternoon. The small restaurant by the Dive Bus Hut makes an excellent lunch as well.

Enjoy those dives with the Dive Bus and tell them I said hi.

We will be there in 10 days!!!!

Looking forward to 2 great dives, lots of BEER! and blackmail pictures on their website.

Just E-mail Suzy at Doris at the-dive-bus.com to let her know you are coming... and let her know you heard it right here at Cruise Critic.

Have a great time!

Wendy

BTW, someone mentioned on one of the other threads to pre-arrange getting picked up after your diving. We were able to get a ride with a cabbie finishing his lunch but I guess we were lucky.

Suzy called a cab for us. It took about five minutes for the cab to appear and we were back at the ship in time to drop our gear in the cabin and go do a little shopping.

When I die if I have the good fortune of heading to heaven it will look a lot like the Dive Bus.

Enjoy those next dives.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we had another fantastic set of dives, and the blackmail pictures are already posted. There has been a pink frogfish hanging out in the area, and Mark found it on both dives! We also scored a Flying Gurnard and baby.

The link at bottom is to our dive picture, but pages 18-20 were taken on our day. That's me to the far right in the dumb looking hood and beanie.

BTW... the gentleman receiving my 'assist' at the bottom of page 18 is my DH and favorite dive buddy. How did I know that pic would get posted? ;)

Wendy

http://www.the-dive-bus.com/index.php?spgmGal=Diving%20with%20The%20Dive%20Bus/February%2008&spgmPic=182&spgmFilters=&option=com_mambospgm&Itemid=10#pic

ps For some reason, the picture I was trying to link to is #183, but I had to set the link to 182 to see the correct one in my browser. Go figure.

Yes, the snorkeling is great - the reef starts right at the end of the cove, and there is even some cool stuff within the cove - that's where we found the mama and baby Flying Gurnard.

If you reserve in advance, you can also get a snorkel guide to take your DH around and show him all the really neat stuff on the reef. Our snorkeling folks did it and had a blast. We also got to wave and trade OK signs with the snorkelers as we were cruising under them in the shallows searching for seahorses and the pink frogfish.

There used to be loungers on the beach, but they walked off one night awhile back. If you look at the pix, you will see that The Hut and the Surf and Turf restaurant share a roof, and there are chairs and shade. The red snapper at the Surf and Turf is the best I've ever eaten, and I'm really picky about my fish. The beer is cheap, too. ;)

Even better, sweet talk your DH into doing a Discover Dive. There is no easier (and more beautiful) place to try it out. Then you won't have the snorkeling/diving problem.

My DH was not a diver when I met him - but I fixed that VERY quickly, and created a dive monster.

Here's a link to the page about The Dive Bus Hut and what's available http://www.the-dive-bus.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=432

Have a great time!

Wendy

If you're ready to dive, go ahead and book now. I usually E-mail Suzy the second we get our booking ID for a trip stopping in Curacao ;)

I also get onto the thread to see if other folks are interested in coming along. We also tend to pick up some more divers along the way in the bars and other trips, and simply being seen hauling our gear around the ship. The collection of dive T- shirts we wear helps too.

I put together a little website for our last trip, and you might be interested in taking a look at that to see what you might find useful. I still have not had a chance to dump the camera since we have been back, but will try this weekend.

We usually have a taxi full, and the fare is usually $4 each, each way. I don't know what it would be for just two of you, but I don't think it would be substantially more. Can anyone else help here?

Have a great time, and I wish I was going with you. Hopefully the pink frogfish will still be there!

Wendy

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

galaxy website

http://www.freewebs.com/galaxy-02-25-08 look at the tours page for diving

Archived