driving to port of mia... favorite hotel 2 hours (north) or less?

want2go

We are driving (going south) to port of Miami. I know of hotels at the port... but can you recommend hotel that may be a little further away? Maybe having a nice location or a nice hotel that you can get a good price on? Something where the drive to the port on Saturday would be 2 hours or less.

Thanks for ANY ideas!

We are driving (going south) to port of Miami. I know of hotels at the port... but can you recommend hotel that may be a little further away? Maybe having a nice location or a nice hotel that you can get a good price on? Something where the drive to the port on Saturday would be 2 hours or less.

Thanks for ANY ideas!

Go to www.Sunny.org and look for accommodations in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Hollywood Beach. Look for the Small Superior Lodging icon.

Also, I really love Singer Island which is the island next to Palm Beach.

Fort Lauderdale is also a fave.

If you are trying to save money, trying going a little south to Homestead or Florida City. I can't remember which one has some nice little motels.

For me, I have two favorites that come to mind... Embassy Suites in Boca Raton if you want to spend a little bit of $, or LaQuinta Inn/Cypress Creek in Ft. Lauderdale if you don't want to spend as much. Both have really quick access of I-95 (which was important to us). Don't expect beach front, though... neither of these are near the water. For us both hotels were good experiences w/in the past 12 months.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

We are also driving to the port in Miami. We are going to stay in Boca Raton, Florida for 2 nights. I found a Springhill suites that looks nice. The reviews on tripadvisor.com seem to rate it really good.

I think Boca Raton is about 1 hour away.

Used to live in Boca Raton and we are going to stay there when we go down to Miami in September. We have been in the Springhills Suites and they are very nice, but no restaurant there. There is an Embassy almost behind it that is VERY nice and only $99.00 a night in September. Both hotels are in a SAFE area off of Yamato. I say either are nice and it's about an hour north. There are some very nice restaurants near by and just on the other side of Yamato is a nice shopping area with Starbucks and Einsteins Bagels if you need your Starbucks fix like we do.

If you want to go further north, we have stayed in Palm Beach Lakes area. The hotels there are nice, but nothing like Boca. If you want the beach, go for Ft. Lauderdale by the Sea.

Good luck

Delray Beach has a Marriott right across A1A from the beach. Many very interesting restaurants nearby, easy walking. One block further west is Marriott Residence Suites. Still very close to those fun restaurants and easy walk to beach.

Good restaurants within walking distance of these two hotels are Luna Rosa, the Shores, Boston's, Old Calypso, Busch's Seafood, Blue Anchor Pub and others. Further west on Atlantic are many wonderful restaurants with side walk dining. Great atmosphere. Wide variety of cuisine.

Delray Beach is just north of Boca Raton. It is about an hour's drive from the port of Miami.

North of Delray Beach is Manalapan. It has a Ritz Carlton right on the ocean, if you are interested in higher end accommodations. There are some interesting restaurants across A1A in a posh little shopping center or drive farther west on Ocean Avenue, cross the Intracoastal Bridge and there are some really cool restaurants there.

If you are driving down I-95, get off at Gateway Blvd in Boynton Beach and go west about a mile. There is a Hampton Inn. This is very close to many restuarants which are located on Congress Avenue. It is not within walking distance of the ocean.

Thanks for the recommendations. We are driving to Port of Miami as well, and want to stop an hour or so from Miami. I booked the La Quinta Cypress Creek. It got good reviews on trip advisor as well, and we want something close to I-95.

Can you estimate the drive time to the port? It will be a Sunday morning.

Thanks!

Archived