Practical question for the Ladies

Dave&Robin

From Celebrity news files regarding Solstice:

"More spacious bathrooms with glass showers equipped with a foot rail for easy leg shaving in every stateroom, and large fog-free mirrors, which are being introduced in Celebrity’s suites and new AquaClass staterooms"

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000GEC0dZQpBta1a5fXmxZ-bM4:12hdbcveb?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2007-09-20&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Ok, I'm wondering how the rest of you ladies deal with this. Unless you book a Sky Suite of higher, the bathroom just has a shower stall. How do you manage to shave your legs? Can you request one of those little stools for the shower? At home I can sit on the side of the tub, but standing on one foot in the shower on a moving ship can be just a tad bit challenging! I know this sounds funny, but I am quite serious and open to any suggestions.

I loved the handle in the shower. (wish I had one at home) left hand, hanging on to the handle, one leg bent, right hand w/razor shaving. Alot easier then I have it at home!

I have about three hairs that grow on my legs so I leave the razor at home. I have my underarms waxed on a regular basis so I have that done the day before we leave. Anyplace else :cool: just waits until we get back home. I do want to do the Brazil though but I think I'm embarrassed to ask about it and a little scared too.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jenn.

Since we are baring it all...

I used to have my legs/bikini waxed before a cruise, but you sort of have to plan to have that done since hair has to be long enough to wax. But if you have time (to let hair grow), that's what I'd do. Then you don't have to worry with shaving legs at all. It's really very nice.

I have now had five sessions of laser hair removal on my legs, and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY! No more shaving and waxing, and it's not really painful at all. Actually, much less painful than waxing. I've started the bikini area, (not to be confused with brazilian) and am loving it. Wish I'd started sooner, but I should be ready for my fall cruise.

Don't men have it made??? Unless they have hairy backs and don't like it.

It does take time for laser hair removal (eight weeks between sessions). You still have to shave in between sessions, although there's less and less hair. I'd suggest waxing right now. And, just so you know, you cannot wax before laser hair removal. You have to have the hair roots for the laser to work.

Have fun with whichever experience you choose: acrobatic shaving, waxing, or lasering.

Shay

Shay

Since we are baring it all...

I used to have my legs/bikini waxed before a cruise, but you sort of have to plan to have that done since hair has to be long enough to wax. But if you have time (to let hair grow), that's what I'd do. Then you don't have to worry with shaving legs at all. It's really very nice.

I have now had five sessions of laser hair removal on my legs, and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY! No more shaving and waxing, and it's not really painful at all. Actually, much less painful than waxing. I've started the bikini area, (not to be confused with brazilian) and am loving it. Wish I'd started sooner, but I should be ready for my fall cruise.

Don't men have it made??? Unless they have hairy backs and don't like it.

It does take time for laser hair removal (eight weeks between sessions). You still have to shave in between sessions, although there's less and less hair. I'd suggest waxing right now. And, just so you know, you cannot wax before laser hair removal. You have to have the hair roots for the laser to work.

Have fun with whichever experience you choose: acrobatic shaving, waxing, or lasering.

Shay

Shay

Can you still be "freshly" shaven for the laser?

On our last cruise I just couldn't get the hang of shaving in the shower, luckily it was an Alaskan cruise so it didn't matter to much. But for the cruise we have coming up I got an Electric Razor.

Actually, I will do it once in the middle if we have a particularly long trip (11-14 days). Maybe.

When I have bothered during a trip, I usually get out of the shower and put my foot up on the toilet. Hubby will bring a couple of cheap disposable razors, so I grab his used one and toss it afterward, so he won't get it by mistake.

Wendy

JCDeck,

Burm is correct, you have to be freshly shaven for the laser to work. Also helps if you don't have a tan, because the laser picks up dark color, and the tan could mess with the lasor. Which brings up another aspect: you really need to have dark hair for it to work. I have very dark hair, and it works well. Won't work on gray.

That's the down side of waxing; you have to let hair get at least 1/4 of an inch long for waxing to work. That's yucky in the summer.

Shay

JCDeck,

Burm is correct, you have to be freshly shaven for the laser to work. Also helps if you don't have a tan, because the laser picks up dark color, and the tan could mess with the lasor. Which brings up another aspect: you really need to have dark hair for it to work. I have very dark hair, and it works well. Won't work on gray.

That's the down side of waxing; you have to let hair get at least 1/4 of an inch long for waxing to work. That's yucky in the summer.

Shay

After waxing under my arms for so long though,I hardly have any there. Stays good just about three weeks.

I have heard that girls start waxing their legs (and wherever else??) at a young age in another country, but I don't remember which country. Eventually, the ripped out hair follicle stops producing hair, and so there is no need to wax or shave after years of waxing.

Shay

OH LADIES....:eek: PLEASE...Some things should remain sacred..

In saying that Burm..you got it right on!

Razors..YUK..leave that to the men:eek:

Anyone mention Brazil or Hollywood yet:D whoops..we just on legs are we:rolleyes:

Agreee about TMI, however, since it's started ...

Also agree about razors being medeval, have waxed for years, that or Laser is the way to go.

Nevermind the cost - Time is the new currency, and having one treatment for 45 minutes every 2 months sure beats spending time using the razor each time one jumps into the shower!

Archived