Zuiderdam Large Inside bed layout?

arabrab

I'm thinking of booking a Med cruise this summer on the Zuiderdam, and we'll probably need to stick with inside. However, even after looking at HAL's website, I'm confused as to the possible bed arrangements if you need a third person in the room, which we do.

What I'd like is two beds that can be made into a queen/full, and a pullman that could come down from the ceiling for our daughter. We had this on Princess and it worked great.

Can anyone help with a class of (inside) cabin that would have this arrangement on Zuiderdam? Is there a way to tell the "large inside" cabins from the regular inside cabins? Is there a better deck plan than the one on HAL's site?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw your post and noticed noone had replied yet. We haven't sailed on the Zuiderdam, just booked it for July. But we did sail on the Prinsendam and it seems from most of the pictures the layouts are similar. We too need a triple with our son. Although we had a balcony on the Prinsendam, the third bed was a sofa bed. So in the evening after we came back from dinner or the show, the sofa bed was all made up. It looks like the triples on HAL usually are the sofa bed. If I look at pictures of an inside or outside, to me the layout seems similar. Also, if you look at the deck plans, look at the symbol list. It seems the quads have one sofa bed and one upper, the triples say the third bed is the sofa bed. Hope this helps and enjoy. By the way, which cruise are you thinking about? I just put a deposit on the july 7 sailing to greece/turkey. Take care.

Hi folks ... sorry for the intrusion.

If you look at the larger Main Deck insides on the Vista ships, you'll find what you're looking for. They're like a perfect square on the deck plans, and have an extra bunk that recesses into the ceiling.

Hope this helps ... enjoy your weekend! :)

I shared a large inside on the Noordam. The room was square which was great in that you could open the bathroom door and not hit someone standing in front of the closet or coming in the front door.

There was a pull down bed from the ceiling. We also had a couch but it wasn't made up as there were three of us. I did bring a nightlight for the room so the person in the upper bunk could see to get down the ladder if necessary.

My ONLY gripe with the room was you couldn't sit on the couch and watch TV very comfortably. I'm a balcony fanatic but I'd cruise in that large inside again.

I can confirm Vic's description. I stayed in a J-category quad on Main Deck on the Noordam (same layout). There were the two beds that can be set together, a pull-down above them, and the couch has a pull-out single.

I thought it was a great cabin. It's very nicely located---mid-ship and low for a smooth ride, and has a good layout. There's not a lot of storage space for three people, but then, the Vista's aren't known for having a lot of storage space. :rolleyes:

Archived