Detox program?

beluga

I just got back from a cruise on Carnival Ecstasy. I sat through the lecture where the trainer were trying to sell their $300 three month herbal detox program. I was wondering if anyone bought it and if so, what you thoughts of the program were - did it work? They said you can buy the products online - does anyone have the website?

Thanks

I just got back from a cruise on Carnival Ecstasy. I sat through the lecture where the trainers were trying to sell their $300 three month herbal detox program. I was wondering if anyone bought it and if so, what you thoughts of the program were - did it work? They said you can buy the products online - does anyone have the website?

Thanks

I think I sat through one of those on my last cruise.....but I had had toooooo many Bloody marys, buckets of beers, matinis and wine to remember.......

I sure could have used a detox after that cruise.....LOL.....:D :D

If you are not a drug addict or an alcoholic, you don't need detox. The body is perfectly capable of removing toxins on its own. Just eat good food and drink plenty of water and you will feel really good. No need to take expensive herbs.

This is a board for EasyCruise, not Carnival. You might be better off posting on a board for people that have been on a Carnival cruise.

That being said, I would be leery of anything that claims to remove "toxins." What the heck is a "toxin" anyway?

For example, in small doses, boutulinum toxin (a.k.a. BoTox) is a cosmetic. In doses delivered by spoiled canned goods, it is one of the most deadly poisons in the world.

In regular doses, Iron is a vital mineral, without which you run a good chance of becoming anemic and possibly dying. In high doses it causes liver failure.

Heck, even water can be a "toxin". Too little, you die from kidney failure. Too much, and you die from cardiac arrest induced by electrolyte imbalance.

SirWired

Nothing more than snake oil....stay away...just another homeopathic scam. :cool:

I couldn't agree with you more. For the outrageous price of about 300usd, what yoiu seem to get is a lot of herbs that give you a "run" for your toilet as you eliminate nothing more than that 300 dollars. JMHO, of course. The brand is Elemis and can be found on that famous auction site, as well as their website of the same name. I think one would be better off eating healthy well-balanced meals.:D

Thanks - that's what I thought. I almost bought - but when they said you can stop all meds if you take this - I thought what BS. They claimed no medications ever cured anyone - they just treat symptoms and people needed to stop taking them. Not good.

I just got back from a cruise on Carnival Ecstasy. I sat through the lecture where the trainer were trying to sell their $300 three month herbal detox program. I was wondering if anyone bought it and if so, what you thoughts of the program were - did it work?

The only needed detox is for alcoholism and drug addiction. For normal people, the kidneys and liver will do the job for you.

The only thing the herbal detox program will detox is your wallet.

Archived