tipping

All the threads about tipping got me to thinking:eek: .....

( I am all for auto/pre tipping, not the question)

The tips cover say- the room steward, wait staff and a few others.

What about... dance/entertainment crew, photographers, etc, etc... are they paid a better wage? Are there others we should tip?

I know to tip bar staff and room service.

The dancers and staff do make a better wage. I have on occasion tipped the Camp Counselors when they have gone above and beyond or the kids had an exceptional time. Only tipped the Matre’d (sp) one time and that was because he went out of his way to come to the table EVERY night to see how everything was going. He also greeted us every night – not just the last night.

Just so you know you are automatically charged a gratuity when you purchase your drink. You are not obligated to tip above that.....
If you have a great pool side waiter who reads your mind then go ahead and give him a little extra. The best thing you can do for him/her is remember their name and write great things about them on your comment card. This goes for any of the staff/personnel. It goes a long way on their perfomrance reviews.

If you have a great pool side waiter who reads your mind then go ahead and give him a little extra. The best thing you can do for him/her is remember their name and write great things about them on your comment card. This goes for any of the staff/personnel. It goes a long way on their perfomrance reviews.

I know some people do give extra, but I just didn't want them to think that they are obligated to do so. Believe me 15% is alot if you use the same waiter and order alot of drinks;)

Your are correct about mentioning them on the comment card. That is far better then any tip they receive....

I know to tip bar staff and room service.

No... you do not need to TIP Bar staff. A 15% gratuity is automacticaly added to your cocktail bill. You do not need to TIP a penny more.

A lot of folks don't know this and end up double TIPping to the tune of 30% to 40%.

Best of luck. :)

AFAIK, the camp counselors are not part of the tipping pool. I don't know how much their base salary is, but I do know that it is not uncommon to tip them.

Other than in the lounges, I've never had much contact with entertainers on board. IIRC, there is usually a tip jar on the piano or wherever they can find a place, just like in land-based lounges.

I've never heard of anyone tipping a photographer, except maybe to make them go away!

I know some people do give extra, but I just didn't want them to think that they are obligated to do so. Believe me 15% is alot if you use the same waiter and order alot of drinks;)

Your are correct about mentioning them on the comment card. That is far better then any tip they receive....

Understand completely.

Archived