Anyone from the 2/10 Westerdam?

Desdemona01

I'm looking for info from anyone who just returned from the most recent Westerdam cruise--one question is about the entertainment in the piano bar.

Please, only responses from those on the 2/10 cruise. The performers have changed recently and previous cruises would not be helpful.

Thanks in advance!:D

Desdemona,

I was on the Feb 10 cruise and although I did not take in too much of the entertainment, I can give you some information.

Jimmy Maddox was in the Piano Bar. According to the Daily Program, on Day 2 (Monday), there was Name that Tune: Music of The King; on Tuesday it was The Rat Pack Name that Tune; on Thursday it was Movie and Musical Name that Tune; and on Saturday the theme was Sing Me Back Home. (Now you know the themes to study for.)

The Ocean Bar featured Sea Sharp for dance music, and Chris Hauser on the Piano (both quite good in my opinion). The Explorer’s Lounge had the Intermezzo String Quartet (caught a bit of them and they were ok); and DJ Dan was the DJ. Helen and HALCats was the house band.

The shows in the Vista Lounge were Up Front with the Westerdam singers and dancers and comedian Mike Robinson; Grand Tour with the Westerdam cast; illusionist Leo Ward; the Amazing 88s (duelling pianios); Stage and Screen with the Westerdam cast; and the Farewell Show with Mike Robinson and Leo Ward again. There was no evening show on Friday evening because we were in Cozumel until 7 pm,but they had the Filipino Crew show on at 11 pm and the Amazing 88s in the Queen’s Lounge earlier in the evening.

I enjoyed the cast shows and Leo Ward. I heard that the Up Front show was very good, but did not see it. I saw Mike Robinson in the final show and thought he was just ok.

Drew Smith was the Cruise Director. It was his first week in this position on the Westerdam.

The Westerdam is in great shape and has a wonderful crew. The food was the best I have had on HAL. We really enjoyed our cruise and I am sure you will too. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

CJcruzer,

The movies were:

Assassination of Jesse James, Monday, 12:30 and 5:30 pm

In the Valley of Elah, Tuesday, 10 am and 1 pm

Beowulf, Wednesday, 5 pm

Dan in Real Life, Thursday, 1 pm and 6:30 pm

The Golden Compass, Friday, 1 pm

Michael Clayton, Saturday, 6 and 8:15 pm.

Archived