Best time of year to cruise?

patterson3

The answer will be different for everyone. Some base it on price and the time of year it will be cheapest. Some base it on school vacations, either trying to avoid it or booking during. Weather is a big factor as some avoid hurricane season at all costs while others book during that time because of reduced prices. It just depends on the individual. For me, it makes no difference

Personally, the best time to cruise for me is when school is in session ... so I do not book during the summer months, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter break -- these are all no-nos for me.:D

The months of May and October seem to work best. Also, booking cruises of 12 days or more do the trick, too.

It depends on where we're going. We took a Scandinavian/Baltic cruise in July, two Med cruises in October, and Caribbean cruises in September and October.

During the winter, our vacation time and money are reserved for ski trips, which we like even better than cruising.

Just wondering what people think is the best time of year to cruise....

Personally (since I live in New England), I would think winter (jan-feb-march) are the most appealing, especially someplace warm....

in my opinion, feb., march or april is best...june 1 to nov 30 is considered hurricane season..you may get one or you may not....or the seas could be affected by nearby weather patterns. we also avoid major school holidays--winter recess, spring break, christmas week, etc.so for us mid-feb to mid-april is the best...it's still cold here in NJ and the southern waters are calm and the weather is warm....and not alot of kids running around.

for DH to get the time off, winter is best. but for ports, it depends...

of course for alaska, it's the summer months. for the caribbean it's winter. athens and the greek islands can get very hot in the summer, spring or fall is best for there.

If you are concerned about money, the cheapest times to cruise are mid November to pre-Christmas time, and January. The hurricane season in the Caribbean also has some good deals (Sept-Oct) for those not worried about a possible change in itinerary due to a storm. European cruises have some good deals in late spring and early fall, right before and after the main "travel season", but the weather can be iffy and you need to pack for a variety of possibilities.

Highest prices tend to be family cruising times - break weeks, summer, major holidays.

Archived