Photos - QM2 Presidents' Day Cruise

tayleur

Nice to see proper balcony furniture. Not that nasty plastic tat on the other balconies (this could be something they do to seriously upgrade AA - I'm used to teak on QE2.....)

Matthew

I thought the chairs were poly mesh stretched accross metal tubing, but maybe I have already lost my memories from this past weekend? Highly possible given the sleep deprivation and martinis!:D

I thought the chairs were poly mesh stretched accross metal tubing, but maybe I have already lost my memories from this past weekend? Highly possible given the sleep deprivation and martinis!:D

Not sure what kind of chairs are in non-grill staterooms. My PG balcony had 2 teak deck chairs and a small table. It was very pleasant. I recall from my previous voyages in Britannia cabins that the chairs were plastic.

Some photos - hope you like them. Please post yours as well. I did enjoy the cruise very much. I apologize if it is too slow to load, some of these freebie services tend to be slow...

qm2_2008_5.jpg

Tayleur,

Is it my imagination, or is that a very rough sea outside there?

Paul

Tayleur,

Is it my imagination, or is that a very rough sea outside there?

Paul

It was gale force following wind which was canceled out by the forward speed of the ship at 28 knots, making for a very pleasant condition on deck

Nope ....

Your memory is still intact. (Unless there's something you want to forget?? :D )

The outdoor chairs are what you described. In my opinion, an improvement over what the balconies had previously.

Nope ....

Your memory is still intact. (Unless there's something you want to forget?? :D )

The outdoor chairs are what you described. In my opinion, an improvement over what the balconies had previously.

Thanks, Senor Parrot! I treasure all the memories and am glad I did not dream this up. Much nicer than sticky plastic, but certainly would prefer wood. Although they are easily found outside (and I suppose could be carried to the room in the wee hours:D ).

"Scattered pictures, of the smiles we left behind..."

Michael

Thanks, Senor Parrot! I treasure all the memories and am glad I did not dream this up. Much nicer than sticky plastic, but certainly would prefer wood. Although they are easily found outside (and I suppose could be carried to the room in the wee hours:D ).

"Scattered pictures, of the smiles we left behind..."

Michael

I suspect they might get carried back by your helpful steward the next morning.:) Jane

I suspect they might get carried back by your helpful steward the next morning.:) Jane

You are surely correct, I suspect. Although maybe then take a cushion, and hide it under the bed when not in use?:D Sorry, I know I should not be encouraging bad behavior, and I would never do such a thing myself.;)

Should we start a chair hog thread? I am getting ennui de dress code!

Michael

You are surely correct, I suspect. Although maybe then take a cushion, and hide it under the bed when not in use?:D Sorry, I know I should not be encouraging bad behavior, and I would never do such a thing myself.;)

Should we start a chair hog thread? I am getting ennui de dress code!

Michael

"One Thousand Things To Do With A Chair"?

NomDePlume

I'll get me coat...

"One Thousand Things To Do With A Chair"?

NomDePlume

I'll get me coat...

Fun Aboard Ship When Bored:

Simply don a spare deck stewards jacket and wander around the pool deck. Confused passengers will think you work there and that's when the hilarity ensues. There's nothing more satisfying than giving someone poor service with no fear of retribution.

Passenger: "Can I ask you a question about reserving chairs?"

Me: "You just did."

P: "Listen, I..."

Me, interrupting: "You must think today's d**chebag day. It's not. It's not d**chebag day."

P: "I want to speak to your manager!!"

Me: "I am the manager. I own this f*ck*ng ship. Get your sweatpants wearin' a*s off my deck before I call security."

Last I huh'd, he'd hooled his head to Easter Island, heddin' after 'at unhuh'd.

Speaking of cruise photos AND how to entertain oneself, I've got another game you might like to play.

Photograph whomever you think would appreciate a wakeup call on attire, demeanour, etc., have them developed and set up your own board down in the photo gallery. While you improve shipboard ambiance you also profit!

Fun Aboard Ship When Bored:

Simply don a spare deck stewards jacket and wander around the pool deck. Confused passengers will think you work there and that's when the hilarity ensues. There's nothing more satisfying than giving someone poor service with no fear of retribution.

Passenger: "Can I ask you a question about reserving chairs?"

Me: "You just did."

P: "Listen, I..."

Me, interrupting: "You must think today's d**chebag day. It's not. It's not d**chebag day."

P: "I want to speak to your manager!!"

Me: "I am the manager. I own this f*ck*ng ship. Get your sweatpants wearin' a*s off my deck before I call security."

This clearly explains all the instances of poor service that people experienced on the recent cruise. No point complaining to Cunard: the culprit is here.:)

Jane

This clearly explains all the instances of poor service that people experienced on the recent cruise. No point complaining to Cunard: the culprit is here.:)

Jane

Shhh! If Cunard are reading this (and we know that they do) they may track me down in November and put me in the Brig or make me walk the plank! More likely, some service rep in HQ will print it out and send it to Ms. Marlowe with a note attached "Dear Ma'am, not to worry, this explains all the muss 'n fuss.":cool:

Archived