Cat 9A on Freedom

Declady

Does anyone know what the aft wrap around category 9A cabins are like on the Freedom? Are they bigger than a regular balcony cabin or the same? We were on an aft wrap around balcony on the Miracle - which we loved - but it was a suite, cat 11. I'm not sure if I prefer a bigger room or the bigger balcony as I'm now spoiled and like both.

I was told that the sq. footage of the 9a rooms are the same as the reg. balcony rooms. To me it seems much bigger, probably because of the shape of the room. it is more square, not as long and narrow. The balconys are fantastic.

On our last cruise, we did a poker run, and saw both a Suite and a 9a. Yes the suite was bigger but the balcony was narrow. If you don't care about the bathtub, I would pick the 9a anyday.

The 9A's are configured differently than a Cat. 11 on a spirit class ship. It is a single room, and on the Glory, 6452, it is an odd shaped room. I think the square footage is a little more then a regular balcony, but no couch in this particular cabin, a table and two chairs instead. I love the 9A's and have another one on our next cruise, one deck up. Here is a picture of 6452 on the Glory.

2458781400064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

and the balcony

2554921160064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2761272140064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived