Hotel day use in PV,Mazatlan

dpayne1962

Hola from PV. The Krystal Hotel is available to cruise ship passengers. Located within walking distance of the terminal marina, a very nice hotel, large pool and nice beach area. Or, you can book the excursion that takes you to Paradise Village, north of Puerto Vallarta.

In Old Town near the river on Plata de los Muertos is Hotel Molino de Agua. A middle-class hotel where you can use their pool while eating and drinking.

A very nice section of town and the hotel has a nice little garden. Take the local bus or cab to get there

My family had a great time at the El Cid Castilla in early September (there apparently are several El Cids!). They have a waterslide and a 10 foot tall waterfall that you can jump off of. My 7 and 9 year old daughters had a blast. My 9 year old was doing front flips off the waterfall! Eight mile taxi ride. We were greeted at the door by the timeshare folks but politely declined and walked right it. It is right on the beach. If you go to the beach, expect endless venders. Our girls got their hair beaded there and LOVED it. Paid a waiter $10 to get us some towels and he took care of us from then on. Even came out on the beach to check on us. Had a few beers and a great time! Have a couple of drinks before getting in the taxi...

If you want more detail, let me know. I can go on, and on, and on. I miss being on our cruise so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...no swim up bar at the El Cid Castilla in Mazatlan, but nice pool area restaurant/ bar. They did have a swim up bar in Cabo at Hotel Finisterra....three very beautiful pools on differerent terraces. I would highly recommend that. Very close by and really relaxing...hardly anybody was there when we got there in the morning.

Thanks Just Cruising for your tip. I used it.

Just back saturday from mexican reviera cruise. We went to the El Cid Castilla for the day. Were confronted by the timeshare people in the lobby but no problem telling them we were not interested. (If you want to do a time share presentation for 90 minutes food and drink are free.) We went right into the pool area. There are 2 pools separated by building in the middle. You want the pool to the right as you face the ocean. It has the waterfall and I think the nicer area. It does have a swim up bar in the pool area closest to the beach. I got a waiter and told him we were from the cruise ship and wanted to spend the day and order food and drinks and run a tab. Gave him $10 and told him where we wanted to sit and we were in business.

El Cid is $2 per person Pulmonia (kind of a version of a VW Thing) from the dock area.

Thank you for all the suggestions. We have a group of 36 traveling January 2nd on the Vision of the Seas with many first time cruisers looking for inexpensive ideas on how to spend the day at our ports of call. I will direct them again to this board for ideas, keep them coming.

Does anyone know if the Krystal Hotel has shady areas or can you rent umbrellas? Do they let cruise passengers use the pool? Are there any beaches that are nice that are close to the ship in Cabo or Mazaltan,that also have shade.We like the sun but cannot sit completely in sun.We are going on the Vision in 2 weeks.We have been to all the ports and would like to just relax on the beaches.

Does anyone know if the Krystal Hotel has shady areas or can you rent umbrellas? Do they let cruise passengers use the pool? Are there any beaches that are nice that are close to the ship in Cabo or Mazaltan,that also have shade.We like the sun but cannot sit completely in sun.We are going on the Vision in 2 weeks.We have been to all the ports and would like to just relax on the beaches.

Yes there are umbrellas at the Krystal. Make sure you get there ASAP. There is no charge. We had Carnival towels with us and I walked in with my sail & sign still hanging around my neck. No one questioned us. One wall of the pool is literally on the beach. The beach also has umbrellas. My DH went to the water and said he couldn't last on the sand because it was so hot.

Ask the staff on your ship for directions. We did and they showed us from the window on the Lido deck.

Many staff on the Pride go to Krystal every week.

Archived