Just Booked: Sun - 3.22.08 Upgrade Exp.

wonlife64

I just booked on the Sun for 3.22.08. As it was a last minute decision and am trying to get by as cheaply as possible I booked a guaranteed inside cabin. They have me in the KK category. What have been your experiences with getting an upgrade. I understand from our TA that we could get an upgrade but am not sure what to expect as to how much of an upgrade. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Won life....hopefully you will be upgraded to at least a deluxe or superior inside with a little more square feet per cabin.

We booked guarantee kk and were upgraded to jj. I think about 13 square feet more room is the difference.

Come join our roll call!

We just returned Saturday. We booked Guarantee back in August and were assigned a room by the next day. We had an Oceanview - Cagetory C. No upgrades for us. It may depend upon the Ship and how full she is. Plus for us the next move up would have been to a balcony. We had a full ship, so there was probably no place to move us. We were still satisfied with our room, or we would have booked a balcony to begin with. Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out.

travelingfools - How did you like the Cat C? I have a guaranty for that for my cruise and no cabin assigned yet.

It was a great room for an Oceanview. The only negative was that it was cabin number 9004 which is the first cabin at the front of the ship. It's a long way to the back for most dining venues, but we needed the exercise. There was a lot of movement when the seas got rough, but I enjoyed being rocked to sleep. It was only rough one night, so its not that way the entire cruise. You'll have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

First, hi Tami, guess I'm following you around the cruisecritic boards. Hope you are well :)

I just wanted to respond to a question about upgrading. I was on the 2/23 sailing of the Sun. I booked this cruise in October, 07 as a balcony guarantee, cat. BE.

We were upgraded to a balcony, cat BC, cabin 8262.

I would also think this would depend on how full the ship is, I really have no idea or it could have to do with how long before sailing you book.

I just know we were delighted to find out we had been upgraded.

Happy sailing to all. You will love the Sun and the ports of call.

BamaGal

Archived