Concierge Class tendering

UtterCaro

One of the listed perquisites of Concierge Class is "preference on shore excursions." Does anyone know if this extends to priority tendering for independent excursions? I'm sure first priority is given to pax on cruiseline-booked excursions, but for indies, I don't know if =X= issues tender tickets or what.

I'm trying to figure out how much time to allow for tendering in Grand Cayman on a day when there will be over 13,500 cruisers on the island. :eek: :confused: :eek:

Caro

Cc does have a preference, I think along with Elite Captains club and perhaps some other categories. On port day the excursions meet in one area, the CC (and similar) groups with priority tickets (you'll get these in your CC stateroom the night before) met in Micheal's Club and everyone else in the Theatre to wait for tenders. At the appropriate time they'll release a group of people to the tender boats, usually with another short wait in the hallway by the tenders. Being in the CC group won't necessarily get you on the boat before any of the other passengers, but it will shorten the wait time considerably.

Usually within an 1 1/2 hours or so after tendering starts the lines are gone and people are told to just go straight to the tender boats and to bypass the lounges (an announcement is made when this happens). Also, there is no priority when returning to the ship - just one line on shore to wait for the tenders.

In my experience, the "priority" boarding of tenders is only available to occupants of suites. They may leave at any time after picking up there priority tender pass; otherwise, persons on shipboard excursions leave first followed by the passengers with "regular" tender passes and they are called in the order issued.

We got priority tender tickets in Labadee. Were told to go to Michael's Club. Sat there for half an hour. Were then taken downstairs and just thrown into a huge throng of people. Got separated from the people we were with. The whole thing is a joke if you ask me. If this is the main reason you are booking Concierge Class, save your money. There are other benefits, but this isn't one of them in my experience. Now, granted, this could just have been the Millennium. Service was exceedingly spotty throughout the trip.

One of the listed perquisites of Concierge Class is "preference on shore excursions." Does anyone know if this extends to priority tendering for independent excursions? I'm sure first priority is given to pax on cruiseline-booked excursions, but for indies, I don't know if =X= issues tender tickets or what.

I'm trying to figure out how much time to allow for tendering in Grand Cayman on a day when there will be over 13,500 cruisers on the island. :eek: :confused: :eek:

Caro

I believe it is cruise excursions first, suites second and cc third. I'm glad I'm in a suite.

Just get off at 7:00am - 8:00am and you can get a tender at Grand Cayman. We were in CC class and received priority tender tickets. we never used them as we went on the Celebrity organized Stingray snorkeling excursion (very good and well organized with "Resort Sports, LTD").

None of the Celebrity excursions leave before 8:00am. Even the Captain announced if anyone wanted to get off to go as there was plenty of room.

Just get off at 7:00am - 8:00am and you can get a tender at Grand Cayman. We were in CC class and received priority tender tickets. we never used them as we went on the Celebrity organized Stingray snorkeling excursion (very good and well organized with "Resort Sports, LTD").

None of the Celebrity excursions leave before 8:00am. Even the Captain announced if anyone wanted to get off to go as there was plenty of room.

I'll just wait for the excursions to leave at 8:00 then go to the designated area assigned for suites - it probably will be about 8:30. I had no intention of getting off before 8:00 am.

Archived