Mail from ship

Krooze Family

My daughter wants to send her class a post card from the ship. We are in Florida a day before we sail, does anyone know if they sell the Carnival Ship post cards at the Port? I'm just afraid if we wait until we get on board, that she will actually beat the postcard back to school.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

[quote name='Krooze Family']My daughter wants to send her class a post card from the ship. We are in Florida a day before we sail, does anyone know if they sell the Carnival Ship post cards at the Port? I'm just afraid if we wait until we get on board, that she will actually beat the postcard back to school.[/QUOTE] I've not ever seen them sell *anything* at the terminal other than snacks in the waiting room before you board, and that is usually done by a local charity organization.

Depending on the port that you mail from, she *will* most likely get back before the card arrives.

I have only seen the postcards available aboard the ship. As tef said, if you mail one from the ship, your daughter most likely will already be home before the postcard arrives. If you have the time, I suppose you could get off the ship and mail it before departure. If she wants it to have a foreign postmark, then you'll have to mail it aboard ship or from a port and it will still take longer than the cruise to arrive in most if not all cases.

A purser once told me that before the ship leaves the port, they take all mail off the ship from the box by the purser's desk. So, when you board, find a postcard and have your daughter fill it out right away and drop it in the box. It should be taken off the ship prior to the ship leaving. You may want to check with the purser to see if this is still their procedure. If not, maybe as hstrybuf said, she can get off the ship real fast to mail her postcard before you leave.

Hey there, Krooze Family. I have an oversized card that they give you in the room (I just got back)! I would be happy to send it on to you. I am in california. I could drop it in the post tomorrow if you like. You shou:Dld get it by monday or tuesday. :D email me at

[email="tkdenning@yahoo.com"]tkdenning@yahoo.com[/email]

OK...that TOTALLY cracks me up. We hit St. Martin and Nassau (worst damn hurricane in 40 years and I pick THAT week to go on a cruise!). That was on 9/11 sailing. Haven't seen any postacards yet...I realize they are from foreign ports...and nothing beats the USPS...BUT.........:(

Archived