Sheridan's Liqueur

deb5217

Yes we buy it all the time. It's a dark/white chocolae combo liquer. It's sort of divided into two sides and when you pour it out, they blend together. It's delicious.

I'm not sure of the exact price, but do know that duty free you can buy it VERY reasonably.

A friend has asked me to look for this. Has anyone seen it in their travels and know about how much it cost? thanks. We are going on the Gem in April to Nassau and Grand Bahama.

Have seen it from $18 u.s. to $24 u.s. depending on the port . It will probably be on the high end where you are going.Refrigerate it and pour it in a frosty wine glass mmmmmm.

Great stuff!! Two years ago on our AOS cruise they were running a special, buy 2, get a smaller version free. I noticed they were selling it again this cruise, but since we still have a bottle from the last cruise I didn't buy it this time though. I was told once that it's not available anywhere in the States, and since I've never seen it anywhere but on cruises I'm thinking that's probably correct. It's delicious though, a real treat!

THIS IS TO DIE FOR!!! When we were on the Veendam, we bought several bottles back so we could give a bottle to each of our children. I have a bottle in the fridge now. Oh, and it's wonderful in coffee. I don't remember how much we paid for it, but it is very reasonably priced. You have to get at least one bottle. You won't regret it.

On our last cruise, RCCL, we paid $22 a bottle for it. We still have half a bottle left that we are guarding. Really wish we could buy this in the states but alas cannot. I had a friend who used to get it in Canada but can no longer get it. Now I am just begging my girls to think of a caribbean cruise for their vacation so they can bring their dear old mom some more. Our next cruise is trans pacific so we will be unable to bring any home with us due to the long air flight. I wish there was some way we could safely fly with our duty free liquor.

Chris

On our last cruise, RCCL, we paid $22 a bottle for it. We still have half a bottle left that we are guarding. Really wish we could buy this in the states but alas cannot. I had a friend who used to get it in Canada but can no longer get it. Now I am just begging my girls to think of a caribbean cruise for their vacation so they can bring their dear old mom some more. Our next cruise is trans pacific so we will be unable to bring any home with us due to the long air flight. I wish there was some way we could safely fly with our duty free liquor.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm just wondering why your friend can no longer get it in Canada? What part of Canada was she trying? It is still available here in Ontario and I just called the LCBO to make sure it wasn't being discontinued. I live in a very small town and I can still buy it at my LCBO.

When my old boss left he came to our house one night to drop off a bottle of Sheridan's as a thank you.......it was very much appreciated!:D

I think I might be in trouble. I had planned on spending my money at the Coach outlet. Now I think I might have to split it between purses and booze!! Thanks eveyone for all the info. My friend was thrilled to find the cost so cheap. He has to save every penny. He and his wife are having triplets in July!!!

How close are you to Canada? It is available in every liquor store here (LCBO in Ontario) . Just remember we don't sell liquor in our grocery stores (most of the time). Sheridan's is very good! :)

We are in Canada (Montreal, Quebec, Charlottetown/PEI, Halifax) every summer on our Canada/New England cruises and I never see where to buy liquor in Canada.

Where do they sell liquor? I haven't seen liquor stores per se.....have I just missed them?

btw, it is not a white and dark chocolate liqueur, it is a coffee and cream liqueur, if anyone on the cruise we are going on wants some I'll bring some over.

My mistake. I knew it was white and dark and delicious and that we put it in our coffee. Guess I assumed it was chocolate.

We are in Canada (Montreal, Quebec, Charlottetown/PEI, Halifax) every summer on our Canada/New England cruises and I never see where to buy liquor in Canada.

Where do they sell liquor? I haven't seen liquor stores per se.....have I just missed them?

http://nslcweb.thenslc.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,1,33_2893351&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

http://www.peilcc.ca/index.php3?number=48776

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9_des_alcools_du_Qu%C3%A9bec

Hi sail7seas, every Province has it's own "liquor control board" from what I can tell. Here in Ontario you would look for a store that had "LCBO" on the sign. I posted links for each Provinces liquor store so that you can see what you need to look for on the sign. Btw, I looked up Sheridan's in each Province and they have it in all! Good luck, and if you can't find it just ask a local and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.:)

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I have wondered about liquor stores in the past when we have been in Canada.

You're welcome. Can you get 'Amarula cream" liqueur? This is another very nice liqueur almost like a Baileys.

http://www.amarula.co.za/za/learn/amarula%5Froots/

I also meant to tell you that I'm not sure you can buy beer in the liquor stores in the Provinces you visit because the only beer our liquor store sells is imported or specialty. You have to go to the "Beer Store" to buy a case of beer here.

Lucky Me!!! Daughter just booked a cruise for the end of April and since she is driving to the port she is going to get me a few bottles. Will just have to stretch it out to make it last. But now I know I have some coming I might just enjoy the half of a bottle I have been saving .

Chris