Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Thanks a lot. Next question, how often does the street car run and what kind of transportation do I take to go from one tour to the next if I do them the same day?

Sandy

The "street car" (which is really a bus, because the trolley on tracks is not running right now) runs about every 15-20 minutes:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s099_0_.html

Use the Alaskan Way at Clay stop for your time point, because it is only one stop before where you would get on across the street by Anthony's.

This is an example of how to get from the Duck to the Underground Tour (and I would do it in that order, since the street car stops nearby to get you back to the hotel)

Walk N from 5TH AVE N & BROAD ST to Depart5th Ave N & Broad StAt 01:15 PMOn Route MT 16 Downtown Seattle ArriveMadison St & 1st AveAt 01:27 PM Walk 0.2 mile SE to 1ST AVE S & YESLER WAY

You can plan out specifics for your particular day and time at:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

The "street car" (which is really a bus, because the trolley on tracks is not running right now) runs about every 15-20 minutes:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s099_0_.html

Use the Alaskan Way at Clay stop for your time point, because it is only one stop before where you would get on across the street by Anthony's.

This is an example of how to get from the Duck to the Underground Tour (and I would do it in that order, since the street car stops nearby to get you back to the hotel)

Walk N from 5TH AVE N & BROAD ST to Depart5th Ave N & Broad StAt 01:15 PMOn Route MT 16 Downtown Seattle ArriveMadison St & 1st AveAt 01:27 PM Walk 0.2 mile SE to 1ST AVE S & YESLER WAY

You can plan out specifics for your particular day and time at:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

OK, Thanks.

You can only get liquor at the state store. No one else is allowed to sell it within the state of WA. The closest one to the Marriott is at 2nd and Seneca. You can take the waterfront streetcar across the street from the hotel to 1st & Yesler and switch to the 16 or 66 bus, get off at 3rd and Seneca or the closest stop thereto, and walk down to 2nd. To get back to hotel, take any bus down 2nd to Yesler, then grab the street car at 1st Av and back to hotel.

Hate to take up space for a thank you but have to say it to you once again. You are great and we all appreciate your help.

Are you coming from the airport? If you are, just ask the taxi driver to take International Blvd to Airport Way, then down Airport Way to Royal Brougham to Alaskan Way to the hotel. They might think you're a tad crazy, and you won't get the flat rate to downtown rate, but they will do it....if for no other reason than it will get them some extra fare....:eek:

Thank you so much for your speedy and useful reply!!!

Hi Karen, how goes the job hunt? I hope good. I agree you really should look into creating a business of the info you have give soooo generously to us. I have heard of an online business that offers advice and answers questions and if the people are happy with the info they can tip ... dont remember the name thoo :( .

Ok here are our ideas for our trip.

we fly into sea-tac at noonish on sept 11 and plan to take the greyline airporter to the westin were we are staying for 3 nights.We go to ncl pearl for our cruise on sept 14. I know that the football is home that day so that may slow things down. We have to decide on transport to pier 66. any suggestions?

return to seattle on 9/21 and we're thinking about leaving bags with the pier and doing something downtown til 2pm at which point we are considering walking across the street to the marriot and catching the airporter back sea-tac and then see if the days inn will pick us up for the one night we are staying there before flight out the next morning.

What do you think ?

Lee-Ann:o

Hi Karen, how goes the job hunt? I hope good. I agree you really should look into creating a business of the info you have give soooo generously to us. I have heard of an online business that offers advice and answers questions and if the people are happy with the info they can tip ... dont remember the name thoo :( .

Ok here are our ideas for our trip.

we fly into sea-tac at noonish on sept 11 and plan to take the greyline airporter to the westin were we are staying for 3 nights.We go to ncl pearl for our cruise on sept 14. I know that the football is home that day so that may slow things down. We have to decide on transport to pier 66. any suggestions?

return to seattle on 9/21 and we're thinking about leaving bags with the pier and doing something downtown til 2pm at which point we are considering walking across the street to the marriot and catching the airporter back sea-tac and then see if the days inn will pick us up for the one night we are staying there before flight out the next morning.

What do you think ?

Lee-Ann:o

Lee-Ann:

I'm on time loss right now from my previous job, so I can't even start looking until I am released to return to work full duty. The way it looks right now, that won't happen til I get back from AK, or maybe just right before I leave. So, I will start looking then.

From the Westin, I would just take a cab. There are always plenty right out in front on the 5th Av side and it is less than 2 miles down there. You should not be affected by the Hawks game going from the Westin to the pier. You are leaving the day after we so, so I will wave on my way by....

As far as something to do downtown, the Duck Tour or the Underground Tour are good for about 1-1.5 hours each. There is always the Market, of course. Then, after picking up your bags, you can call the Connector, to come and pick you up at either the Marriott or the Edgewater (they stop at both/either) and head on down to catch your shuttle to your airport hotel.

It would seem that you are the "go to" contact so here I am. We're taking the NCL Star out of Seattle on 9/6/08 and would like to come into Seattle a day or 2 early and take a tour of Victoria B.C./Butchart Gardens. Staying overnight in Victoria is no problem. Do you know of a "reasonably priced" tour company that could help me out, or do you have any suggestions on my doing it "my way"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!:D

It would seem that you are the "go to" contact so here I am. We're taking the NCL Star out of Seattle on 9/6/08 and would like to come into Seattle a day or 2 early and take a tour of Victoria B.C./Butchart Gardens. Staying overnight in Victoria is no problem. Do you know of a "reasonably priced" tour company that could help me out, or do you have any suggestions on my doing it "my way"? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!:D

The easiest and best way (not to mention most cost effective) way to do it from SEA would be to take the Clipper...straight from near Pier 66 to Victoria, do the tour, and return when you want to.

http://www.clippervacations.com/

Hi Karen,

We finally got the Marriott Waterfront, although I would love to be with the others at the Sheraton the rates kept rising.

How to get from the airport to the mariott? I prefer that my DH does not lift and tlug the luggage so would we be better off in a cab or a towncar/ Are the rates the same. I believe that the towncar driver would meet us at baggage terminal is this correct? Less luggage for him to move around.

The Greyline sightseer does,t go to the Marriott does it?

Just love this thread.

Carole

Hi Karen,

We finally got the Marriott Waterfront, although I would love to be with the others at the Sheraton the rates kept rising.

How to get from the airport to the mariott? I prefer that my DH does not lift and tlug the luggage so would we be better off in a cab or a towncar/ Are the rates the same. I believe that the towncar driver would meet us at baggage terminal is this correct? Less luggage for him to move around.

The Greyline sightseer does,t go to the Marriott does it?

Just love this thread.

Carole

Hi Carol:) I used a Townecar service and it was

great:D the driver was down at the Baggage Claim

Area waiting for me...he was holding up a sign with

my last name on it too:)

Great way to start off a vacation! I used the City

of Seattle Concierge Service and they booked it for me.

Here is a Link:

http://www.visitseattle.org/visitors/ccc.asp

Although Karen might have her own recommendations on Transportation

services too:)

Hi Karen,

Just dropping in to say the parade was very nice. I wish I had a cushion for the grandstand.

Anyway, thank you for all the info. you provided. We had a wonderful pre-cruise stay in Seattle.:D

Glad you enjoyed it, and, hopefully, your cruise.

We may be doing a C/NE out of Redhook next year, if I don't chicken out (the thought of NYC is kind of creepy for a small town person like me),

Thank you Lois for the info...I'll go on the site. What was the rate?

Carole

Hi Carole, it was 50.00 and worth every penney:)

This was back in 2006 so not sure how much rates

have gone up. When I called the City Conceirge

Service they were absolutely wonderful:D..couteous,

helpful...all the things a Conceirge is supposed to be;)

Hi Karen,

We have arranged for car service from the airport to Terminal 30. We are planning on stopping along the way to grab some sodas & wine to take on board. Do you recommend some place particular or should we just count on the driver to take us to a good place? Any place we should stay away from?

Thanks for all of your help.

Glad you enjoyed it, and, hopefully, your cruise.

We may be doing a C/NE out of Redhook next year, if I don't chicken out (the thought of NYC is kind of creepy for a small town person like me),

I have lived here my whole life and its still creepy. I can't wait to retire and get out of here.:eek:

If you do decide on taking the cruise out of Redhook Brooklyn, I'll be more than happy to help you out the best I can.

Hi Carole, it was 50.00 and worth every penney:)

This was back in 2006 so not sure how much rates

have gone up. When I called the City Conceirge

Service they were absolutely wonderful:D..couteous,

helpful...all the things a Conceirge is supposed to be;)

Lois & Carol:

Executive Town Car Service raised their rates since I spoke with them a few months ago. It will cost us $63.25 to be picked up at the baggage claim area and taken to the Marriott. That includes the extra $!0 to meet at the baggage area and tax and tip. It costs $51.75 from the Marriott to the airport. I booked with them directly and spoke with Erik.

Sandy

Lois & Carol:

Executive Town Car Service raised their rates since I spoke with them a few months ago. It will cost us $63.25 to be picked up at the baggage claim area and taken to the Marriott. That includes the extra $!0 to meet at the baggage area and tax and tip. It costs $51.75 from the Marriott to the airport. I booked with them directly and spoke with Erik.

Sandy

Hey Everybody:

I just got off the phone with a very nice lady named Charlotte at alreadytheretowncar. I set up our town car pick up. For us to go to Seattle Waterfront Marriott, it is $45.00 for them to pick us up after claiming baggage. We call them and walk outside and they will be there within 5 minutes if all goes well. They will also come to baggage claim for the extra $10.00 as stated. Also, our driver will stop at a liquor store en route for an extra $10.00. I will get wine at Pike Place I guess. Already set up return and feel really good about this place. Do a google search if you are interested for them. Funny she told me another Atlanta person has booked them who is arriving for cruise on our same flight. Small world...

Hey Everybody:

I just got off the phone with a very nice lady named Charlotte at alreadytheretowncar. I set up our town car pick up. For us to go to Seattle Waterfront Marriott, it is $45.00 for them to pick us up after claiming baggage. We call them and walk outside and they will be there within 5 minutes if all goes well. They will also come to baggage claim for the extra $10.00 as stated. Also, our driver will stop at a liquor store en route for an extra $10.00. I will get wine at Pike Place I guess. Already set up return and feel really good about this place. Do a google search if you are interested for them. Funny she told me another Atlanta person has booked them who is arriving for cruise on our same flight. Small world...

Thanks Legalwife. It sounds like a very reasonable rate and very easy to set up. I am seriously considering doing this for both pre and post cruise airport trips.

I tried to read all of these post but got lost...lol

I am coming in a day early for a cruise on NCL Pearl to Alaska (9/7/08)

Which hotel is closest to the pier but nice around 250 or under a night? I would also like a hotel that provided transfers to the pier.

TIA

I tried to read all of these post but got lost...lol

I am coming in a day early for a cruise on NCL Pearl to Alaska (9/7/08)

Which hotel is closest to the pier but nice around 250 or under a night? I would also like a hotel that provided transfers to the pier.

TIA

The two closest (directly next door and across the street) are the Edgewater and the Marriott Waterfront. You MIGHT find something at the Marriott for around 250, especially if you have points.

Archived