which ships are in port?

UF G8R

One poster told me that my ship would be the only one in port in Vancouver, another pointed me to a website that had the schedule of ships docking in Ketchikan. Can someone tell me how to find out what ships are in the different ports on specific days? Is there a calendar somewhere?

Thanks for the link. We are on the Coral Princess in July and the schedule shows we will be going against the flow of ships (don't have to share with 10,000 of my other cruise pals!) in our ports. Sweet!!

We were on the NB Coral Princess last year (BEAUTIFUL ship!), and enjoyed being the only ship in Skagway. We still had 4 or 5 others in Juneau and several in Ketchikan - but there's no way to be the only ship in every port unless you start earlier or end later than everyone else.

NancyIl and Stired, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Stired, looks like you took the same trip last year that I am scheduled for this year. How was the weather? Any special packing advice?

You might want to read my trip review (look for the link below in my signature). The 1st part is the land portion, but the 2nd part is all about the cruise.

One of the great things about the SB Coral itinerary is the fact that because they leave on a Monday, they miss a lot of the other ships in port. We were completely alone in port in Ketchikan, Juneau we shared with a few others, and Skagway we were the only ship in town until 3:00 p.m., when the HA Ryndam came in.

As far as weather, obviously no 2 years are going to be the same. But for the most part, we had very good weather. We flew up to Anchorage and it was beautiful (we only had light jackets on). The next day we drove to Seward and had some fairly heavy rain. It was also off and on rain the next day in Seward. But we had absolutely glorious weather in Denali (actually wore shorts in the p.m.).

As far as the cruise went, our day in College Fjord was miserably foggy, so the captain didn't go all the way and we didn't get to see any glaciers. That was why we were very glad that we had taken a PWS small boat tour the morning before we boarded the Coral.

The weather was very good for the rest of our cruise - no rain and not too cold. We were very lucky.

Be aware though that when you get close to the glaciers in College Fjord and Glacier Bay it is very cold and you will want to be out on deck to see it all!

After much research on this board, I ended up bringing pretty much all the clothes I needed. Silk long underwear (very lightweight and comfortable); rain pants; a lined waterproof rain jacket with a hood; a lightweight fleece jacket for underneath; lightweight, waterproofed hiking boots; heavy socks; good gloves; a couple of pair of jeans; a couple of turtleneck sweaters and/or sweatshirts; a few pair of short sleeve shirts; and the other stuff for the cruise itself, like nice clothes for the formal nights. Since we did a land portion and then a cruise portion, I packed 2 suitcases, one with most of the casual stuff, and 1 with my more formal clothes for the ship.

You will have a wonderful time! The Coral is a beautiful ship and we had a fantastic naturalist on board that was constantly updating us on what we were seeing. We had a really great time!:)

Archived