is there

momjkm

Ok.. just completed my 1st cruise ever on NOS. Complaints are minor(and silly):

soap didn't lather (forgot my at hotel),

couldn't get a toothbrush for dh (at shop or guest services

affordable laundry services (for underwear and favorite t shirts)

ANd I have the bug to go again ( but need to do the tax return thing 1st or DH will stroke...)

And I have discovered that other lines sail from near me in the northeast (boston and NYC- NJ is not close enough)

SO if I don't have to pay $2500 in airfare I could go on a longer family cruise out of these ports.

HERE is the question:

I loved NOS and RC. But is there an objective website that breaks down the pros/cons of each line? that way no airfare=longer cruise!

Thank you all for making my 1st cruise almost stress free (you guys can't control weather or kids getting sick or did I miss that post lol?)

Jill

Ok.. just completed my 1st cruise ever on NOS.

And I have discovered that other lines sail from near me in the northeast (boston and NYC- NJ is not close enough)

Jill

Just so you realize..if sailing out of Manhattan/Brooklyn is close enough...the RCCL port in Jersey is just across the river...another 30-45 minute drive. We're not talking South Jersey or anything.

Just so you realize..if sailing out of Manhattan/Brooklyn is close enough...the RCCL port in Jersey is just across the river...another 30-45 minute drive. We're not talking South Jersey or anything.

Yes, and depending on where you are traveling from in the Northeast, it may even be quicker as you can go around the city traffic into NJ. We have traffic too here of course, but nothing like driving through the city.

Most reviews of cruise lines and cruise ships, even those in well-known books on cruising, like Fodor's, Frommer's, or Berlitz, contain a certain degree of subjectivity, but if you can discern the reviewers particular biases from reading his or her comments about the various lines or ships, you can still obtain a lot of good information. You should also read the Cruise critic boards for the various lines to get some insight into the various cruise products and the passengers you most likely be sailing with.

In the northeast region, we are fortunate to have a number of lines represented at least for a portion of the year, so you have a fairly wide range of choices if you wish to sail from Boston, NY, NJ, Baltimore or Philadelphia. Check them out and then make a decision. The itineraries might not compare to what is available out of Florida or Caribbean ports, but there is some variety and some very nice ships to choose from.

Archived