Captain's do - short four/five night trips

Kindlychap

Is there a Captain's do on these short trips?

Just wondering idly.....

Matthew

I always thought the answer was no to 4 days but yes to anything of 5 nights and more, Based on the fact that these receptions are held over usually 3 nights for the Grills,Caronia and Mauretania.

Cheers

Myles

Is there a Captain's do on these short trips?

Just wondering idly.....

Matthew

On the Mary? Yes. But they are all done in one evening--1st seating, Grills, 2nd seating. One odd thing was that the Britannia passengers' invitation was announced in the Daily Programme, whereas we got an actual little invitation delivered to our cabin. Because of this I believe SeaMates/Michael told me they hadn't known there was a party!

At last weekend's party Commodore Warner actually made a short speech and then stayed around for a while, shmoozing with the passengers and having his picture taken with the ladies.

Best part of the party? No Pol Acker! Even better than hanging around with my new friend the Commodore. ;) There was no CWC cocktail party, or whatever it is they call it.

Because of this I believe SeaMates/Michael told me they hadn't known there was a party!

Ben had seen the listing in the Programme but did not mention it as we had a smart cocktail party to attend that evening from 7:30 in a duplex suite. So we passed on the Captain's Party in favor of free hard liquor (my Manhattans, you know;) ) and also a chance to meet our "special interest cruisers".:D

Michael

Ben had seen the listing in the Programme but did not mention it as we had a smart cocktail party to attend that evening from 7:30 in a duplex suite. So we passed on the Captain's Party in favor of free hard liquor (my Manhattans, you know;) ) and also a chance to meet our "special interest cruisers".:D

Michael

Agreed. We were also at that cocktail party too, having ditched the Captain's Princess Grill reception at the ungodly early hour of 6:30 pm...The hosts at the party were most gracious.

I am wondering whether the captain was as dull at the party as he was in his daily announcements...

Agreed. We were also at that cocktail party too, having ditched the Captain's Princess Grill reception at the ungodly early hour of 6:30 pm...The hosts at the party were most gracious.

I am wondering whether the captain was as dull at the party as he was in his daily announcements...

No, not this time.

Archived