Tours in St. Thomas and which Beach ?

cruise4family

Cruising in May with family (including 9 year olds). Trying to decide between Godfrey Tours or Sunny Liston Tours. Anyone out there use either, or any others and what is your opinion? Also, we'd like to book the tour that includes shopping, tour and beach. Which beach should we choose? Sapphire or Magens Bay? Your thoughts are most appreciated! :)

My wife and I have visited Magen's Bay in St. Thomas and Trunk Bay in St. John's. They were both breath taking and one of the most beautiful beachs we have been too. Magen's Beach was a wonderful time, we were lucky enough to even get the chance to small with a young sea turtle while we were there. I don't think you can go wrong in St. Thomas with a beach. It is a very beautiful island.

We went with Godfrey on a tour and he was wonderful! And there are plenty of good reports on Sonny Liston on this forum.

Either one would be a good choice. The shopping/sightseeing/beach tour they offer is essentially the same. I say just pick one and make a reservation. :D ;)

You're welcome to view photos of our tour with Godfrey: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/gallery/1196385

And you're also welcome my photos of Magen's and Sapphire to help you make a beach decision:

http://lrichters.smugmug.com/Travel/162954

I was in St. Thomas with my nine year old as well. We used Henry Christopher with EEE Tours. (www.eeetours.com) He is a retired police officer and is now a pastor at the Chruch of God in St. Thomas...He is a wonderful man and was great with my kids. He has some good contacts in the shopping areas and my wife got a great deal on some jewelry. It rained last year when we were there but we did stop by Saphirre beach. It was very nice but I liked Coki the best. It is a smaller beach but there were very little waves so it was easier for my kids.

I was going to chose Sunny, but then I booked through Island Marketing Ltd. For $49 it is a shopping, island tour and the coral world. 5 and under are free. We thought the kids would like coral world and it was not included in sunnys tour. They charge like 40 a person more for coral world. So this is a cheaper chose if u want to go to coral world. Good luck. Janna

We are having the same problem only we have been to St Thomas before went to sapphire beach very clean some water sports small store to buy things no one bothers you water was beautiful . we are going there again but i want to go to mountain top first and then to beach with out the shopping or island tour but dont know how to do this help!!!!

That is what I am doing, going to Sapphire beach when we arrive in st thomas 10:00am getting there by cab ( i heard there are cabs everywhere when you get off the ship), hoping to stay there til 2:00, then grabbing a cab to go to mountain top, then taxi back to town for a little shopping before heading back to the ship for a 8pm departure. I would think their would be cabs o plenty at these locations...anyone else think so or think not?

Hi, Im planning a tour with Godfrey in March 2008 and Godfrey has been so nice to reply and add on more as needed in our party. so I can tell you that. I think that he will plan your tour the way your want. so give him a call or e-mail him and ask. also I couldnt belive how cheap he was. Cruiseing soon!!

:mad: I have planned a tour with Godfrey so I cant tell you about that yet. but I can tell you that booking with him has been great we have added people and he is also very good about that and fast replys so I think he is going to be great. Cruiseing "08"

Can someone tell me how the payment for the tour works. Do you pay in advance. How do you cancel if you are ill on the ship. Where does he take you. We have limited time in St. Thomas and want to see as much as possible. How long does the tour last.

Thanks.

Suggest one of the 4 hour day sails to Christmas cove. The kids will love the snorkeling and you will still have time to shop afterwards. We had used interlinesail before (think you can google their website), and suggested them to my brother who has 9 year old tiwns for their cruise last year- they said the kids loved all the pirate stories, and it was their favorite shore trip of the cruise.

Consider Papa Bear at Air Force 1 Tours (havefunwithus dot com).

He was great. We were all from the same ship (Carnival Miracle) and everyone on the tour (13 of us) had joined our Roll Call, so it was a great time to get to know each other a little better.

I wanted to find the Pissarro Gallery and wasnt' sure where it was located, so he walked DD & I all the way to the entrance to be sure we found it.

Since we didn't sail until 8 pm, we got an extended island tour, even stopping at his house to meet his dog, Scoobie!

Only problem was that we got to Sapphire a little late to rent snorkel equipment. Nice beach, though. Didn't eat there, but had a tasty brew and a nice swim.

It was a wonderful excursion.

Archived