Has anyone done whale watching out of Vancouver before you get on the ship?

natesfirewife

I was just looking through all the brochures that I picked up from when we were in Alaska last summer and noticed that they offer Whale Watching tours out of Vancouver. I thought that if we did that we could save our precious time in port for something else. Can anyone recommend a good tour company?

Misty

There was a good report on whale watching out of Vancouver last season, but it is usually better is out of Victoria BC or Friday Harbor Wa. for ORCAS. Out of Juneau it will be humpbacks- close to 100% of the trips with orcas only coming in every 5-10 days. Depends on which whale you desire? I do both at every opportunity. :)

We live in Southern California and have a Humpback Whale season down this way, so I'm not to worried about those. I would love to see Orcas in the wild. I grew up with summers at Sea World with Shamu and I am just amazed at their awesome power. We did the Orca Cove snorkel tour in Ketchikan last summer and didn't see anything as far as the whales go. Don't the tours from Vancouver go to Victoria and the surrounding areas?? Thanks again for all the help. :)

Misty

Archived