Port Canaveral

Robinob

We are leaving from Port canaveral on MOS in July. I have a few question...

1. What time will they allow us to board? All past cruises we have been on board by 12:00 for a 5:00 departure.

2. We are staying at the PC Raddison, pre cruise. Anyone been there?

3. I have never been on Mariner but on her sister ships EOS and VOS four times. I expect the ship to be similar..Who is the current cruise director?

1) Folks have said that they usually allow boarding to begin at around 11:00 AM, assuming no delays with Customs and what not.

2) The PC Raddison is quite popular, majority of the reviews I've seen have been positive.

If you haven't already, might want to checkout the Florida Departures forum (it's within the East Coast Departures forum), lots of good information to be had there on the Port Canaveral area.

Can help you with two areas....... My husband and I have always been at the port by 11:15 to 11:30AM. We have never had to wait long to get on board (20 minutes longest). By the time we get on board and check out the dining room and our table we got to the Windjammer to eat a bite and then it's almost 1PM and we can get into our cabin.

We have always stayed at the Radisson. It's perfect and they have the shuttle down to a science. It's simple and if you drive it's PERFECT. In fact, we're spoiled. This year for the first time we're sailing our of Miami. They don't have ANYTHING (that we've found) similiar to the "Park and Ride" feature that the Radisson has. We don't, however, get the breakfast added into our charge. Why spend the extra money on a big breakfast when you're going to be on board ship in a matter of a couple of hours eating as much as you want. There is a PERFECT restaurant next door to the Radisson, you can just walk there. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but facing the Radisson it's to the immediate right. It has a wonderful Greek salad and fabulous breakfast. The wait staff is terrific also.......they sat and talked with us the night before (almost no one there at the time we ate) and told us to make sure that we were there for breakfast before 10:00AM before it would get busy after that.

Don't know who the current cruise director is. Our last cruise was 9/23/07 and that CD is no longer on Mariner. You will LOVE that ship. I am so sad that it is repositioning to the West Coast. We've sailed on her three times and I would be satisfied to only sail that ship forever, but alas, times change.

Have a great time!

1. What time will they allow us to board? All past cruises we have been on board by 12:00 for a 5:00 departure.

2. We are staying at the PC Raddison, pre cruise. Anyone been there?

3. Who is the current cruise director?

We stayed at the Raddison in January. Just know that there were no elevators so we had to carry two weeks worth of luggage up stairs to the second floor. Only complaint I had but that was enough so I'll stay elsewhere next time. The hotel had a shuttle to the pier and I think we left about 10:15. We were definitely onboard long before 12:00.

Current cruise director is Graham Seymour. He has a British sense of humour which isn't for everyone but we loved it!

We were on the AOS last year and the ships were almost alike.

em

We have stayed at the Radisson and love it. The first shuttle from there to the port is at 11:30AM. We have been on the first and have had a short wait once we got to the terminal.

We have also eaten breakfast at Zachary's, the restaurant next door. It's a great breakfast and inexpensive.

If you get to PC in time for dinner, check out Grills. It's at the port and if you are there early enough, you can see the Disney ship and Carnival Glory sail by. It certainly gets me in the mood for the cruise the next day.

As mentioned, if you have questions, check out the I live in Pt Canaveral thread on the East Coast Departures board. It has tons of info.

Enjoy Mariner. I can't wait until we can board again.

Archived