Reviews of the Sanctuary

jaybeedee

I am just off Emerald Princess and I have only good things to say about the Sanctuary. Very quiet, very comfortable chairs with great (thick) mattresses, super staff. Worth the money.

You do not have to book the Sanctuary for massages or treatments, you can get them from the Spa. Not particularly a ladies thing either. Lots of couples, for massages or just for snoozing or reading quietly.

Is goes by half days, on a first come first serve basis. If you want a full day on days at sea, better get up early, because some people go and reserve space for themselves and several others. So on sea days, mornings were often fully booked by 7:45, while there was room for pm until about 9:00 am. No problems on port days, and it's even more quiet then.

Enjoy!

I am just off Emerald Princess and I have only good things to say about the Sanctuary. Very quiet, very comfortable chairs with great (thick) mattresses, super staff. Worth the money.

You do not have to book the Sanctuary for massages or treatments, you can get them from the Spa. Not particularly a ladies thing either. Lots of couples, for massages or just for snoozing or reading quietly.

Is goes by half days, on a first come first serve basis. If you want a full day on days at sea, better get up early, because some people go and reserve space for themselves and several others. So on sea days, mornings were often fully booked by 7:45, while there was room for pm until about 9:00 am. No problems on port days, and it's even more quiet then.

Enjoy!

Agree with all said in this prervious posting. Wife and I went to Sanctuary during our 11/26/-7 - 12/06/07 cruise on the Emerald. It is truly a "Sanctuary". :D They have a small pool for adults only. I believe the hours for 1/2 days were 8 - 12:30 and 1 - 5:30. Staff is really good. You can get food to eat for $3:00 service charge. Going on Emerald this year 11/30 - 12/10, looking forward to using it again and NO, it's not just a women thing. When we were there it was mostly couples. Enjoy!! We're cruising! Regards, John:)

Someone please explain...what is The Sanctuary?

Hi please read this link right from the Princess web site. The Sanctuary is only on The Crown, Emerald and the new Ruby ships. It is really nice. Costs about $10 - $15 PP for 1/2 day. If you like peace and quiet while being pampered, :) - this is for you! Regards, John:D

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na795&submit=pk

Enjoy!

How much??

Hi please read this link right from the Princess web site. The Sanctuary is only on The Crown, Emerald and the new Ruby ships. It is really nice. Costs about $10 - $15 PP for 1/2 day. If you like peace and quiet while being pampered, :) - this is for you! Regards, John:D

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na795&submit=pk

Aside from the description on the website the Sanctuary brings out the calm if you are an energizer bunny (one of my characteristics). It affords more than a balcony because there are more people , but less like poolside or the deck because you do not have to be with sooo many others. It had a very calming effect for a little while, which only served to rev me for a late night.

Archived