Question about room service/door signs

Gaijin_Mom

Maybe this is a silly question...but since we have no cruise experience...I know we'll plan on ordering room service in the mornings - can't wait to enjoy some coffee and danish on the balcony first thing in the morning! So when you know you have room service coming, do you leave the 'do not disturb' sign on the door or take it off? Will room service knock even if the sign is on the door? Thanks for the help!

When you order your breakfast the night before you tell them what time you would like it delivered. They will ring you about 5/10mins before this so you know it is on its way. You can then get yourself ready for them coming. they have always rang us when it is on its way. When you are finnished you just ring room service, put your tray outside your stateroom and they will collect it. Happy days, enjoy you cruise, we go on Sunday.:)

Thanks!!! Can't wait to be pampered a little...it's been eight years (and four babies) since dh and I have gotten away by ourselves! Counting down the days!!!!!

Glad you asked that question, I am sure I would have wondered about it too. On our first cruise we didn't take advantage of room service, but this time I hope to.:D

When you order your breakfast the night before you tell them what time you would like it delivered. They will ring you about 5/10mins before this so you know it is on its way. You can then get yourself ready for them coming. they have always rang us when it is on its way. When you are finnished you just ring room service, put your tray outside your stateroom and they will collect it. Happy days, enjoy you cruise, we go on Sunday.:)

The actually use the hall phone in the lobby area (near the stairs) to call your room. They will arrive within a minute or so of that call. I saw them do this on our last cruise (always wondered how they got to the door before we could get a robe on:D ). And we never remove the DND sign.

Room service is a WONDERFUL thing!! We always use it!! Even write in special requests!

What time do you want delivery? I don’t always know . . . .especially on sea days, so I pick a later time. If I wake up earlier, I call Room Service and ask them to go ahead and deliver. They are happy to do so!

I always leave the DND sign out during this time and it is never a problem. I don’t want to confuse the cabin steward into thinking we’ve left and are ready to have room cleaned, but forgot to flip the DND sign.

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Liberty of the Seas March ’08 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

Crown Princess Oct. ’07 – 7 New York to San Juan

Golden Princess April ’07 - 10 Mexican Riviera

Constellation Oct. ’06 – (8185 Cabin off back of ship) 11 Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 (9258 Cabin off back of ship) - 10 Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10 Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10 Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7 Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

On my Enchantment cruise this month they had breakfast order forms in the room. You check which items you want and can write in special requests. There is also a space to circle what time you want it delivered. They called @30 mins before they delivered it so we had plenty of time to get ready. It was really nice.

Don't forget to have your "tip money" ready (I always put it on the dresser the night before) because they are in and out of your cabin in a flash. Enjoy your breakfast on your balcony. It's the BEST!!!!

What would be the recommended tip be for room service?

Lawrence

They are Tibetan Terriers, a lot smaller than Old English sheepdogs.:)

Lawrence

Thanks for the reply. I thought they looked smaller but they really do resemble sheepdogs in coloring and facial features. I'm still missing my last OES, which we lost a year ago at age 13+.

Sorry to here about the loss of your Dog. It's horrible when it happens. These dogs are sometimes advertised as Miniature Old English sheepdogs, but they are not closely related. If your interested here is a link to the breeder where we got the puppy (the white one) he's about a year now. Lot of useful information on here about the breed.

http://www.siddhartha-tt.com/index.html

Lawrence

What would be the recommended tip be for room service?

Lawrence

I normally just order coffee and danish and I tip $2.00. If I order cheese plate and fruit plate I will tip $4 or 5.

I've never had 30 minutes between the delivery call and the actual delivery. Usually barely time to get my robe on.

Hope this helps.

Archived