Golden deck plans wrong?

gargoyle999

I've been reading about the large balcony on the Golden for cabins E728 and E729 but the balcony looks like all the others when I look at the deck plans on the Princess website. The Diamond shows these larger balconies for cabins E728 and E731. Are the deck plans wrong or am I missing something?

I've been reading about the large balcony on the Golden for cabins E728 and E729 but the balcony looks like all the others when I look at the deck plans on the Princess website. The Diamond shows these larger balconies for cabins E728 and E731. Are the deck plans wrong or am I missing something?

It is the last balcony and has an extended rounded end to it. Just doe not show on the plans. It is true for all the Grand Class ships. They are covered, the ones on Dolphin deck are not covered but do have an extension too. :)

If you check webshots, I know there are some pics of the outside aft on port and starboard there. It shows the extended balcony for these cabins. We had one of them on the Star Princess, E728. Although many love these staterooms, personally, I would not book it again because of the horrible wind while we were at sea. It made our balcony almost unusable for half of the 28 day voyage as there is only protection on one side. I know, I know, most go after these staterooms, but we did not like the idea of the wind being so awful as to make the balcony unusable for so much of the cruise.

Also be aware that you may have more movement and noise back there too. If that, and the wind, don't bother you, then go for it!

Oh yes, the seas when rough do effect this section more also. But if Mother Nature is kind, then it isn't a problem at all. We had a mixture of both and a couple of days it got so bad we vacated the cabin and spent the day with friends more midship. ;)

Archived