2 Questions About Boarding in Ft. Lauderdale...

jimbug

We'll be on the Liberty in 2 1/2 weeks(!)...and I have 2 lingering questions...

1) We have e-docs, and I'm not really keen on printing out the luggage tags, rigging them up somehow with packing tape and then carrying around zip ties or bread ties or a stapler to attach them. Can we simply just request normal tags from the porters when we get to Port Everglades?

2) My grandmother will need a wheelchair for assistance to the ship (we're renting a scooter for her onboard). Do we ask the porters who take our bags for the wheelchair, or how does that work? Also, I heard somewhere we might get priority embarkation if we have someone in a wheelchair...can anyone confirm? (She'll need the wheelchair regardless, but I am curious about the priority part.)

As always, you guys are so helpful...thanks! :)

We'll be on the Liberty in 2 1/2 weeks(!)...and I have 2 lingering questions...

1) We have e-docs, and I'm not really keen on printing out the luggage tags, rigging them up somehow with packing tape and then carrying around zip ties or bread ties or a stapler to attach them. Can we simply just request normal tags from the porters when we get to Port Everglades?

2) My grandmother will need a wheelchair for assistance to the ship (we're renting a scooter for her onboard). Do we ask the porters who take our bags for the wheelchair, or how does that work? Also, I heard somewhere we might get priority embarkation if we have someone in a wheelchair...can anyone confirm? (She'll need the wheelchair regardless, but I am curious about the priority part.)

As always, you guys are so helpful...thanks! :)

i can't help with the wheelchair, but go ahead and print the luggage tags, when you get to the port, the porter will staple them on the luggage. you don't need the tape and all that junk. bringing your tags will help insure your luggage going to the right place.

As the previous poster said, bring your tags with you. I just used packing over mine to create a "laminated" look. And then stapled them to the luggage. Never had a problem.

I have not been on the Liberty but with other cruiselines and Carnival, you just ask for a wheelchair when you arrive. And I have seen others get priority embarkation to accommodate for the difficulty of a wheelchair.... Have fun.....

Won't you being taking the scooter on the ship at embarkation?

I hope you did all this through the special needs desk and you have a wheelchair accessible cabin. If you did they would know about your needs to get on the ship. If you don't have a wheelchair cabin you best make sure the door to the cabin you do have is wide enough for the scooter or you will have to leave it parked somewhere like the purser's desk.

No, we do not have a handicap-accessible cabin, but we rented the scooter through one of the "preferred" equipment providers, and they assured us this is the travel-size scooter that is small enough to fit through a standard cabin door.

They will have the scooter waiting for my grandmother either in our cabin or at the purser's desk...so no, we won't have it when we embark.

Archived