All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We are Platinum cruisers who just booked this cruise. We were only given the choice of My Time Dining. We have been Wait Listed for late seating. We want to do alternative dining several nights so are not interested in pre-pay gratuities for My Time...anyone else having this mini problem?

How would you like to have four adults go on a sailing with one little boy hoping to enjoy the H20 Zone and finding not only was it closed for the entire week the previous sailing but closed 6 out of the 7 days of your cruise? Happened to us. In addition, all hot tubs were closed 5 of the 7 days. A $5000 mistake we made when we went on the Liberty.

How would you like to have four adults go on a sailing with one little boy hoping to enjoy the H20 Zone and finding not only was it closed for the entire week the previous sailing but closed 6 out of the 7 days of your cruise? Happened to us. In addition, all hot tubs were closed 5 of the 7 days. A $5000 mistake we made when we went on the Liberty.

Yes, we know -- you've started an entire thread on your experience. Must you repeat it everywhere the ship's mentioned? Enough, already.

Just subscribed to this thread.

Will be on the Liberty in May 2010 with my wife and daughters.

Anyone have experience with cabin 7330 or similar?

Also, our girls will be 3 and 6 when we sail. Anyone have suggestions from past experience with kids in that age range on the Liberty?

Our first cruise was as chaperones on a Carnival senior trip about 7 years ago. (I actually proposed the last night at sea...) So we figure cruising has changed quite a bit since then! :D

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Liberty 7/4/10, this is our first Freedom class ship. We have been on other RCI ships and have loved our past cruises. This will also be our first 7 day cruise. We are in room 6305 and 6307. Me, DH and Ds 13 and DS 17. We all love to cruise. I'm pretty open minded, but there are so many negitive things about Liberty. I know I will have good time, since I will make it a good time. To all you Liberty cruisers, have a great time and if you post a review, I can't wait to read it.

Hi Everyone

I just found out I won a Western Caribbean cruise for 4 on Liberty of the Seas this morning!!! I am SO excited. I have to pick 3 different dates (February or September - December) for the sponsor and then they will tell me when I actually get to go.

Of course depending on the month/date they run two different itineraries:

(preferred) Miami, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

or

Miami, Florida; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

But you didn't get Legionnaire's Disease, did you?

Teddygal- wow congratulations that is awesome!! How did you win the prize? Please let us know what kinds of questions you have so we can help you out. I am taking the Costa Maya/Belize/Coz trip next week, and I have done the other exact same route on the Mariner, so I can help with some port questions.

Hi Everyone

I just found out I won a Western Caribbean cruise for 4 on Liberty of the Seas this morning!!! I am SO excited. I have to pick 3 different dates (February or September - December) for the sponsor and then they will tell me when I actually get to go.

Of course depending on the month/date they run two different itineraries:

(preferred) Miami, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

or

Miami, Florida; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Hi Ottocal

Thanks for the congratulations :) I entered an online trivia contest through the Metro Toronto Zoo website and tada...I won!

I have until January 5th to decide on 3 different dates to give to the sponsor and then they will let me know when I am going. I am leaning towards Sept 12, 26 and October 10 because I REALLY love the itinerary of Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico and have a friend who has done that cruise and LOVED it!

I know September is still during hurricane season but I can't let that hold me back. I will ride out the storm with cocktail in hand :D

Also, My husband doesn't want to go in September as the weather here is still nice. I promptly told him it was MY cruise so I decide WHEN we go...WHERE we go and IF I take him haha.

ANY info you can provide is good with me :)

Thank you in advance.

WaaHoo I'm finally going back on my fav cruise line - LOS 10/17/10!!! I am so excited. I started reading through the all things LOS thread - got to page 5, I know I have a ways to go, found Jen's detailed review - perused through it and I'm about to explode with excitement.

And the price is GREAT for a balcony cabin. $1500ish for two. Time to find the roll call and let the planning begin.

WaaHoo I'm finally going back on my fav cruise line - LOS 10/17/10!!! I am so excited. I started reading through the all things LOS thread - got to page 5, I know I have a ways to go, found Jen's detailed review - perused through it and I'm about to explode with excitement.

And the price is GREAT for a balcony cabin. $1500ish for two. Time to find the roll call and let the planning begin.

Welcome aboard!!! Here is the link to our meet n mingle thread!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1071690&page=3

I don't know what catagory balcony you are in but you might want to check the prices, they just dropped!

Hi Everyone: We will be onboard in 4 short weeks. Yahoooo. Does anyone know who the entertainers will be that week? I believe we have Matt Yee in the Schooner bar and have heard he is great. Thanks. -Cathie

I saw this post and gasped outloud out of excitement. I saw Matt Yee back in 2002 on Explorer (when I was but a wee 18 years old), and LOVED him. His singalongs in the Schooner Bar to this day are the highlight of that cruise for me :D

Hi Ottocal

Thanks for the congratulations :) I entered an online trivia contest through the Metro Toronto Zoo website and tada...I won!

I have until January 5th to decide on 3 different dates to give to the sponsor and then they will let me know when I am going. I am leaning towards Sept 12, 26 and October 10 because I REALLY love the itinerary of Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico and have a friend who has done that cruise and LOVED it!

I know September is still during hurricane season but I can't let that hold me back. I will ride out the storm with cocktail in hand :D

Also, My husband doesn't want to go in September as the weather here is still nice. I promptly told him it was MY cruise so I decide WHEN we go...WHERE we go and IF I take him haha.

ANY info you can provide is good with me :)

Thank you in advance.

teddygal- I think the labadee/ocho rios/cayman/coz route will be great for you if you like to keep busy, we are doing the other this time to actually have one less port day- I felt like we didn't see enough of the ship on a cruise w/ 4 port days, if you can believe it!

Find out what is included, and especially about travel insurance in case of that hurricane. If your trip does not include insurance, you will have to check online and possibly telephone one of the places to find out the info about it, since the cost to the cruise to you is Zero Dollars, it may be harder to insure, even if you are trying to pay for it yourself... This is the same reason you can't insure airfare 'bought' with frequent flier miles- your cost was Zero. It gets confusing. :(

You say it is a cruise for 4- is it just you & hubby or do you have kids? What ages? I would say it would be hard for you 2 to share a room with another adult couple- they aren't huge rooms. Do they give you an inside room or a balcony? If you just go by yourselves, maybe you can get them to upgrade your cabin in lieu of taking 4 people?? Just because 4 people can technically 'fit' into a room, doesn't mean you'd want to. :cool:

Oct. 10 is Columbus Day in US, which may have more families, and perhaps some college age kids on fall break, but is later in the hurricane season.

If you can get them to fly you in on the day before to Miami, go for it! even if you have to pay for your own hotel/rental car for the night. There is nothing more nerve wracking than having to deal with a flight delay when you are trying to make your ship!!! Plus who knows what sort of interational flight restrictions will be in place by then- although I guess you could fly from Buffalo.

Labadee is a great beach day, Stingray City is really really fun even with crowds, and there is so much to do in Cozumel- although try to avoid a trip to Tulum: while beautiful, it just make for an overly long day. Jamaica is a 'love-it/ hate-it' type of port.

I saw this post and gasped outloud out of excitement. I saw Matt Yee back in 2002 on Explorer (when I was but a wee 18 years old), and LOVED him. His singalongs in the Schooner Bar to this day are the highlight of that cruise for me :D

We saw Matt Yee several years ago on Mariner and he is soooooo funny!!!!:D

Excellent. Matt's website shows him on Liberty from Jan 10 to Feb 7 so looks like we are just in time :)

teddygal- I think the labadee/ocho rios/cayman/coz route will be great for you if you like to keep busy, we are doing the other this time to actually have one less port day- I felt like we didn't see enough of the ship on a cruise w/ 4 port days, if you can believe it!

Find out what is included, and especially about travel insurance in case of that hurricane. If your trip does not include insurance, you will have to check online and possibly telephone one of the places to find out the info about it, since the cost to the cruise to you is Zero Dollars, it may be harder to insure, even if you are trying to pay for it yourself... This is the same reason you can't insure airfare 'bought' with frequent flier miles- your cost was Zero. It gets confusing. :(

You say it is a cruise for 4- is it just you & hubby or do you have kids? What ages? I would say it would be hard for you 2 to share a room with another adult couple- they aren't huge rooms. Do they give you an inside room or a balcony? If you just go by yourselves, maybe you can get them to upgrade your cabin in lieu of taking 4 people?? Just because 4 people can technically 'fit' into a room, doesn't mean you'd want to. :cool:

Oct. 10 is Columbus Day in US, which may have more families, and perhaps some college age kids on fall break, but is later in the hurricane season.

If you can get them to fly you in on the day before to Miami, go for it! even if you have to pay for your own hotel/rental car for the night. There is nothing more nerve wracking than having to deal with a flight delay when you are trying to make your ship!!! Plus who knows what sort of interational flight restrictions will be in place by then- although I guess you could fly from Buffalo.

Labadee is a great beach day, Stingray City is really really fun even with crowds, and there is so much to do in Cozumel- although try to avoid a trip to Tulum: while beautiful, it just make for an overly long day. Jamaica is a 'love-it/ hate-it' type of port.

Hi again

I changed my potential cruise dates to Feb 28th, Sept 12 or Sept 26th. I REALLY wanted to do October 10 but as you said, it is a holiday for both Canada & the US so that wasn't allowed as a cruise date.

It is a cruise for 4 with two outside staterooms with airfare from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale included. I am waiting to see what date the cruise departs & will book a hotel for the night before the departure as I have read that the ship opens up boarding at 11am.

It looks like it is going to be me & 3 girlfriends as DH said he has no interest in getting off the ship :rolleyes:. Fine with me...I will probably have a better time without him :D

Thank you for the wonderful information. This message board is so great!

Hopefully I find out this week when my cruise is and if I get this itinerary or not. If not then it will be the cruise you are going on. Either way, it should be fun!

Awesome, be sure to keep us posted and then join up on the 'Roll Call' for your week that you end up with. That will make a great girlfriend trip- you will have a blast!

The advantage of Feb. is that you get out of the cold weather, and the advantage of Sept. is that you have that long to shop for cute outfits and plan what you want to do :p and build up excited anticipation. I don't know which I think I would pick!

Hi again

I changed my potential cruise dates to Feb 28th, Sept 12 or Sept 26th. I REALLY wanted to do October 10 but as you said, it is a holiday for both Canada & the US so that wasn't allowed as a cruise date.

It is a cruise for 4 with two outside staterooms with airfare from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale included. I am waiting to see what date the cruise departs & will book a hotel for the night before the departure as I have read that the ship opens up boarding at 11am.

It looks like it is going to be me & 3 girlfriends as DH said he has no interest in getting off the ship :rolleyes:. Fine with me...I will probably have a better time without him :D

Thank you for the wonderful information. This message board is so great!

Hopefully I find out this week when my cruise is and if I get this itinerary or not. If not then it will be the cruise you are going on. Either way, it should be fun!