All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Hey Christie!

MiaCruzer: we are two cruises from Diamond and we never had an experience like yours. Our two experiences on Liberty were stellar. We always meet and greet our room stewards and have been moved to tears at fairwell with all of our staff. We never had anything to complain about with RCCL. We have been on 4 different classes of vessel and loved all of them and the service. We have always had the turn down and mints and towel art. I've missed the Gala every time because we usually are so exhausted we never made it up there, and now it's gone the way of the dodo bird. But heck, it was an awful waste anyways. We love cruising and RCCL and every cruise is special to us. JMHO:D

Hey Christie!

MiaCruzer: we are two cruises from Diamond and we never had an experience like yours. Our two experiences on Liberty were stellar. We always meet and greet our room stewards and have been moved to tears at fairwell with all of our staff. We never had anything to complain about with RCCL. We have been on 4 different classes of vessel and loved all of them and the service. We have always had the turn down and mints and towel art. I've missed the Gala every time because we usually are so exhausted we never made it up there, and now it's gone the way of the dodo bird. But heck, it was an awful waste anyways. We love cruising and RCCL and every cruise is special to us. JMHO:D

We just got back from the Liberty, and it was amazing. It was our 4th RCCL cruise, and definitely the best. Christie--wanted to let you know that the reserved chairs by the pool were basically empty all week!:( Our cabin attendant was the best we've ever had, and we did get chocolates and towel animals every night. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Not everything was perfect, but we got away from the cold and snow for a week, and we can't wait for our next cruise!

With all the talk lately about drink prices going sky high I'm just curious if someone who recently got off the Liberty could give me an idea of the drinks on this ship.

Last year when we were on the Radiance the drink of the day was only $5.95. I'm reading that the drink of the day is now somewhere around $10.

That price won't stop me from having some, but it might force me to cut back on how many I have. :D

Thanks!

With all the talk lately about drink prices going sky high I'm just curious if someone who recently got off the Liberty could give me an idea of the drinks on this ship.

Last year when we were on the Radiance the drink of the day was only $5.95. I'm reading that the drink of the day is now somewhere around $10.

That price won't stop me from having some, but it might force me to cut back on how many I have. :D

Thanks!

We just returned from the Liberty yesterday. The drink of the day is still 5.95. We also had a promenade cabin and had turn down service every day along with chocolates and towel animals. We saw our steward several times every day and were quite pleased with the service we received from her. We were not very pleased with the food in the Windjammer. The lunch selections were not very good. We were very happy with the dinners in the main dining room.

This was our ninth cruise and (4 with Carnival, 1 - Princess - 2 NCL & 2 RCI) and in our opinion, there was a large number of loud and rude people on this cruise. A lot of shoving and pushing and cutting in line, not to mention foul language in the Solarium by a group of older people who should have known better.

We realize this was not RCI's fault, and will surely sail with them again in the futue (oasis, in 2010.) All in all we had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful and the staff was very friendly.

Christie and bluegirl, I found it irritating that these chairs were empty all week. One one day did I see a few people sitting there. It seems like such a waste of deck space!!!

Definitely!!

By the way everyone, my member review of Liberty was just posted!

Click here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=50009

Nice review Christie! I appreciate your honesty about the shows. I remember the one we saw on the pre-inaugural, Somewhere in Time was it? I didn't get it and won't waste the time to try and get it this time. I would love the Beatlemania show. Hope it's still going in a few weeks.

Just came inside from shoveling 4" of the white stuff that has fallen since dinner time. I'm afraid it's come too early to grant me a snow day tomorrow! :(

Big snow storm coming Thursday and another Sat/Sun. All I can think about is that one week from Thursday, we're outta here!:D

Cathy

Nice review Christie! I appreciate your honesty about the shows. I remember the one we saw on the pre-inaugural, Somewhere in Time was it? I didn't get it and won't waste the time to try and get it this time. I would love the Beatlemania show. Hope it's still going in a few weeks.

Just came inside from shoveling 4" of the white stuff that has fallen since dinner time. I'm afraid it's come too early to grant me a snow day tomorrow! :(

Big snow storm coming Thursday and another Sat/Sun. All I can think about is that one week from Thursday, we're outta here!:D

Cathy

Woo hoo!!! Have a great time, Cathy! It definitely brought back all the great memories from our Pre-Inaugural! :D

Like I said in our review, DH and I are not production show people. The only reason we even went to see In The Air, is because I actually thought it was going to be something COMPLETELY different from what it was. Gotta say, it was the most bizarre, strange, weird thing I have ever watched. I normally HATE walking out on anything, I usually try to suck it up and not be rude, but honestly the thought of sitting through that for more than an hour was unbearable, to say the least! :eek: I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone! :p Very weird.

Christy, loved the review! I just have to wait 6 months till my turn!

Kyle, your thread was FANTASTIC! Gave us a great preview of our trip, even though we are going the Western Route!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all! (AND for those cruising in 2009, *Like ME!* HAPPY CRUISE YEAR!!! :cool:

Jacquelyn :D

Hi, all,

We just got back from the December 13-20 Liberty cruise....wow.

We had an amazing time on the ship and in the ports.

LErin, I have all the cruise compasses saved as PDF's. Email me at b s p t c at w o h dot r r dot com if you would like me to send them to you.

I am working on a report/review and will post when I finish it.

The saddest sight of all is the countdown clock saying "SAILED"....:(

Happy cruising!

Sue in Ohio

Certainly, The Momma.

I may also post them on photobucket if that is easier for people to access.

I do not have any of the kids' program info. My daughter is 17 and spent a little time in the teen club, and she was the youngest in our group. All the kids on board seemed to be having a great time, though! The cruise director told us there were about 700 children on board for our cruise and this week (Christmas week) there were going to be 1500!

I'll e-mail you.

I have an 11 yr old boy and 14 year old girl, so was just trying to find some recent children's programs to give them an idea what's to do.

My daughter just rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth that I didn't have a countdown clock, so took my computer and added one, or at least I think she did. Won't know until I hit submit...

Just got back to -25C weather after disembarking from Liberty on Saturday the 20th. Thank you for all your previous posts where as a newbie I learned about bringing a case of bottled water, using flowrider the first day and which excursions to book through RCCI. We had an AWESOME time. We have a 14yo and 12 yo boy and a 10 yo girl. We are not party hardy people. My 12 year old became a flowrider rat (cruise equivalent of a mall rat) We finally booked a private lesson for him, or 14 yo and one of our table mates. Unfortunately it wasn't till the last night so it will be an unused skill. Book early and make friends with the other moms who are watching their kids to set up a group lesson! My daughter, husband and I just did the boogie boarding and weren't interested in a full hour. Not many other late forty moms out there though.

Food was great in the restaurant and very good in the windjammer. We did the late seating but unfortunately most of the kids' friends were in the early so we would change that next time. Johnny Rockets was a dissappointment as all the grease you could eat but the ice cream malts and shakes were not included in the cover charge. Our wait staff and room steward were excellent. We did a balcony room for my husband and I and then an interior room with a pullman across the hall for the kids. This worked great and we got an extra key for the kids room the first day from guest relations. The balcony was nice to sit and have coffee on and to dry work out and swim clothes. We set a limit on each of the kids' sea pass cards at 50 for the week through guest relations.

The fitness area and spa were great. I would not recommend the running track for serious runners, just use the treadmill. Also nowhere to do lap swimming as they would be VERY short laps. The kids spent time with us the first day and a half and then went off to their programs or to meet friends. The first night at FUEl and the living room were a little lame but I think that is mainly because 12 to 16 yo's are not brilliant conversationalists. We set meet up times at our rooms and the kids had to be at the formal dinners.

For the formal dinners when you stand in line to have portraits done check the background first. Our only good pictures have a very cheezy fake background. Also order your photos on Thursday at least as Friday is a zoo.

I am prone to seasickness and took a bonine (OTC in the USA, not available in Canada) every day. Fabulous drug! Even held me on the Ferry from Cozumel when the guy behind me woofed his cookies.

Outtrips, nothing at Labadee we just hung out and rented floating mats.

Grand Cayman had booked Stingrays with Mobie Dick tours but the bay authorities such down all the tours as the wind made it unsafe. The company was very professional in handling a difficult situation.

Jamaica Awesome outrip booked online through Jamaica Zipline Adventures. It was only a small group of 13 from the ship, transported safely with no time worries for the tender. 5 ziplines (the longest was 1600 feet) and a break in the middle where we were served fresh pineapple, sugar cane and coconut.

Cozumel ferry to Playa del Carmen, bus to Mayan ruins, then beach buffet and swim and back. Booked through RC as worried about time which was wise as our group was last on board. Great to see the ruins and well done buffet and great body surfing beach BUT too hot, too rushed, and too long a time wasted on transportation.

The welcome, farewell and ice show were all AWESOME. No more tickets for ice show. There are 5 shows and you just show up and line up. Didn't do bingos or dances as we are early to bed people. I enjoyed the karaoke all by myself within the opaque booth.

My kids can't wait to do another but we have to wait until time and finances allow. I think we may be hooked!!!