Again..bayonne Problem

Parrot Mom

We are cruising INTO BAYONNE.--the cruise line price for flying directly back to Boston is unbelievable (called rip-off). twice as much as the airlines for just ONE-WAY.. So....one alternative is to hire a limo/car and have them drive us to Kennedy where we can pick up a direct flight.. Another alternative is to rent a car from one of the two airports (with the cruise line charging us for transferring) and rent a car one way to drive home over 4 hours (we are seniors).. Does anybody have experience using a "car service" (we don't travel light) for two weeks plus...and who... Anybody need help with Boston I can do a good turn..

What cruise line are you using?

I know that Princess and RCCL both have motorcoach service to the both NY and NJ piers. Our TA has us on a motorcoach from Worcester in June and it originates in Boston. The price round trip for a family of 4 is $316.

We are using Celebrity..BUT and I think it's a big BUT we need to go in the opposite direction....We live in Marlboro.. If there were a bus going from NJ to Worcester I would cosider it... any more info about it?

When I take my son to Manhattan I use a car service from the airport to midtown and back. The number is super easy 212-222-2222. They've always been on time and respectful.

Thank you I've taken down the address to call..never had to work so hard to come home..lol

We are cruising INTO BAYONNE.--the cruise line price for flying directly back to Boston is unbelievable (called rip-off). twice as much as the airlines for just ONE-WAY.. So....one alternative is to hire a limo/car and have them drive us to Kennedy where we can pick up a direct flight.. Another alternative is to rent a car from one of the two airports (with the cruise line charging us for transferring) and rent a car one way to drive home over 4 hours (we are seniors).. Does anybody have experience using a "car service" (we don't travel light) for two weeks plus...and who... Anybody need help with Boston I can do a good turn..

First question: How are you getting to your cruise????

When is your cruise???

It will cost about $100.00 to get to JFK from Bayonne. If you want to go via air from JFK, I would call Dial-7 for car service to NYC. http://www.dial7.com/

If you don't mind the bus, you can get a taxi from the cruise port to Penn Station NEWARK, NJ and get a Greyhound bus into either South Station or Logan. Price is about $70.00 per person.

The 11:20AM bus gets you to Logan about 7:00PM. Again, if you don't mind the bus, this would be VERY easy. Depending on traffic, Penn Station NEWARK is about 30 minutes from the Bayonne cruise port. I would call Secaucus taxi for transport from the cruise port to either Newark airport OR Newark Penn Station for the bus. http://www.secaucustaxi.com/secaucustaxi.htm

Here is the info for the bus: http://www.peterpanbus.com/tickets/fares.php

And if you don't mind driving, taxi from the cruise port to Newark Airport, rent a car and drive yourselves home.

Enjoy!!!

LOL We fly to Barcelona probably through Dublin from Boston...lol.. and believe it or not I have a driver/guide who thanks to Cruise Critic has been a g-d send to cruisers and ourselves... Was highly recommended by a Cruise Critic person and we were so pleased with him (grew up outside of NYC) that we gladly pass along his name to cruisers going to Barcelona. There is no way I would go home on a bus...did that several years ago and it was a horror...It would be much better to just rent a car and drive home to MA... LOL then if you want to be on the silly side (if your from this area)..I should look for a Fung Wah bus..lol

LOL We fly to Barcelona probably through Dublin from Boston...lol.. and believe it or not I have a driver/guide who thanks to Cruise Critic has been a g-d send to cruisers and ourselves... Was highly recommended by a Cruise Critic person and we were so pleased with him (grew up outside of NYC) that we gladly pass along his name to cruisers going to Barcelona. There is no way I would go home on a bus...did that several years ago and it was a horror...It would be much better to just rent a car and drive home to MA... LOL then if you want to be on the silly side (if your from this area)..I should look for a Fung Wah bus..lol

No, I wouldn't have suggested the China town bus. And on top of that, you would have to get into the City to board. There is the LimoLiner that goes from the Hilton Back Bay to the Hilton Times Square. But again, you have to get into NYC, which adds considerably to the cost as well as the extra time.

I think renting a car would be the easiest if you don't mind the drive. Rent on the day you arrive Bayonne, drive home, spend the night and return the car the next day (within 24 hours). Certainly the least hassle.

If any of you know of the "chinatown bus" from Boston NYC...you know it's taking your life in your hands.. Thought I found a solution through Aer Lingus on line,but talking to them...one of us is wrong... The easiest way is going to rent a car..there is no doubt about that..My head is spinning with all this talk about getting home from Bayonne.. getting home from San Juan, P. Rico, Miami, Ft.launderdale, S.F. and L.A. were a breeze conpared to this..lol Guess you must have a sens of humor to deal with this...think I'll pass this along to Parrot Pop..

We are using Celebrity..BUT and I think it's a big BUT we need to go in the opposite direction....We live in Marlboro.. If there were a bus going from NJ to Worcester I would cosider it... any more info about it?

Have you looked at the logan express terminal in Framingham? I think it's in Framingham?? Its the one near the Natick Mall on the Natick/Framingham town line. They have a outdoor mall across the street. I think DSW shoe warehouse is a landmark acorss the street from the terminal. I believe they offer bus service as well. I read a post from another guy living in the Southboro area who did a bus service from here to catch his cruise in NY. They might just offer something to NJ as well. I would also call Celebrity to see if they offer motorcoach servce for passengers in the Northeast.

From what I have read about the motorcoach service is very nice and in regards to your luggage...the only concern you have is getting it to the bus terminal and from there you won't see it again until it gets delivered to your cabin. The bus driver loads it and the porters at the pier grab it from the bus.

Good Luck!

There is a bus service to R.I. or Conn. I'm not sure where.. The thoughts of spending all day on a bus from N.J. to wherever turn me off... after the last five days on the ship "at sea".. Parrot Pop now has the job of calling limo/car services in N.J.and NY to get us JFK where we can pick up a flight to Logan.. If worse come to worse as they say.. we'll rent a car or whatever to get ourselves home leisurely with all our luggage.. and I don't travel lightly..lol Well, it will keep him out of trouble...

You might also have better luck trying to fly out of Newark airport. Its a much easier drive from Bayonne to Newark than it is from Bayonne to JFK. Any time I can avoid driving through Staten Island and or Long Island, I do!

try this link http://www.enttours.com/trips.cfm?destinationid=13&categoryid=2

and see if you can get to laguardia . from lga to boston delta and us air run hourly shuttles to boston.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/laguardia.html

peter pan is very good from newark to springfield or boston

http://www.peterpanbus.com/

logan and south station departures

good luck

You might also have better luck trying to fly out of Newark airport. Its a much easier drive from Bayonne to Newark than it is from Bayonne to JFK. Any time I can avoid driving through Staten Island and or Long Island, I do!

From Newark to Boston-Pretty pricey for a one way nonstop-$350+.

And all other flights connect through Pittsburgh, Charlotte, even Miami and Chicago. 5-9 hours for an hour flight.

try this link http://www.enttours.com/trips.cfm?destinationid=13&categoryid=2

and see if you can get to laguardia . from lga to boston delta and us air run hourly shuttles to boston.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/laguardia.html

peter pan is very good from newark to springfield or boston

http://www.peterpanbus.com/

logan and south station departures

good luck

the one way fare from Delta is over $300.00..lol

There was no way I would ever get on the Fung Wah bus..lol At this point I think we have it solved.. The cruise bus to S. Station and our local livery service picking us up and drivng us right home.. It may be a long day on a bus, but beats security lines and crowded airports,,,not to mention my overpacked luggage and security officers who love to hasssle senior citizens.

your the one who wanted to get on the china town bus that take your life in your hand s:cool:

roll overs deaths missing wheels fires you name it you want cheap the go a head and stop asking for help then

PLEASE reread the OP's post about the Chinatown bus. It was a joke.

The OP didn't even like my suggestion of taking Greyhound directly from Newark Penn Station to Boston. She doesn't want to go on a bus at all. Fly or drive-those are the only choices.

PLEASE reread the OP's post about the Chinatown bus. It was a joke.

The OP didn't even like my suggestion of taking Greyhound directly from Newark Penn Station to Boston. She doesn't want to go on a bus at all. Fly or drive-those are the only choices.

YOU GOT TO DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO AT MY AGE!!!! and I am flexible.. The Chinese Bus is definetely a joke...overturned buses, chickens, bugs, drivers who don't speak english..lol..No, folks.. we have an option.. and I'm flexible enough to say... we have changed our mind.. and will pick up a bus RIGHT AT THE PIER..TO BOSTON..and be picked up and taken directly home from there...no crowded airports, no security lines, no nasty security officers who hassle senior citizens and with our overweight luggage...no overweight charges..lol

Your other option is to taxi to Newark Penn Station and pick up Amtrak to Boston there or take the commuter NJ Transit train into Penn Station NYC and pick up Amtrak to Boston there. I'm not sure if the Boston route stops in Newark or not. www.amtrak.com or 1800-usa rail

I recall seeing this recommendation as well :D .....yes, Amtrak trains on the Northeast Corridor line stop in Newark's Penn Station. Acela trains stop also. Amtrak also has discounts for seasoned citizens :rolleyes:

Archived