Ruby Princess Mini-Suite D733 Bed Configuration?

RSWBADGER

We are looking at booking this D733 Mini-Suite on the new Ruby Princess and am getting conflicting information on the layout, the on-line deck plans(Crown and Emerald) shows it has twin beds that cannot be converted into a queen, but my printed brochure has no such indication of this. We were interested in this cabin due to the location being more quiet and near the aft, we want a queen bed configuration.

Has anyone stayed in this Mini-Suite on the Crown or Emerald?

D733 on the Emerald, since I was not able to pull up the deck plans yet for the Ruby, show a double mini suite. No mention of twins only.

We have had these aft side staterooms before on other ships and have always been able to have them put into a queen configuration.

We are looking at booking this D733 Mini-Suite on the new Ruby Princess and am getting conflicting information on the layout, the on-line deck plans(Crown and Emerald) shows it has twin beds that cannot be converted into a queen, but my printed brochure has no such indication of this. We were interested in this cabin due to the location being more quiet and near the aft, we want a queen bed configuration.

Has anyone stayed in this Mini-Suite on the Crown or Emerald?

I just went into the Search this forum on top of page and put in D733 and all sorts of info comes up about that cabin.

Marilyn

I just went into the Search this forum on top of page and put in D733 and all sorts of info comes up about that cabin.

Marilyn

I usually use the Search function but have been getting error codes all morning, this is what I get.

Search is temporarily down.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Isn't that one of those 2 cabins that have permanent beds that cannot be moved? :)

I was looking at the 2008 Cruise Book and there is no notations of any special requirements on the room, and then I look on Princess.com and it shows the twin beds cannot be converted. Who knows if the Ruby will even be the same?

The rooms D732 and D733 were made to be handicapped but failed inspection due to narrow entryway (so the story goes), the rooms have a nice corner balcony (uncovered) which interests us.

This is Crown D732 the same configuration on the port side.

Click to Enlarge

color]<a href=color]

I know alot of the descriptions say that the beds are non-converting but these 2 minis were described by past passengers that the beds were on opposite side of the room. Thinking that they might be handicapped mini's?

I know they were those aft 2 minis.

This is a couple of comments from posters on the room.

The beds do make into a queen, but it is a bit of a tight squeeze around them to get from the Door/Bathroom to the sitting area/balcony. The huge bathroom is great, but the extra long balcony is the best. The other neat feature is the door to the cabin is actually around the corner of the long hall (Facing aft) so noise is not an issue.

I didn't take any pictures myself, (video only) but here are some shots of the room taken by someone else.

http://community.webshots.com/album/256167323BMnqCf

We had the head of the bed against the opposite wall.

Hope that helps.

From the horses mouth!!!

Commettgirl: we walked to the back of the Dolphin deck and the cabin attendants were indeed cleaning D732 and D733. We peeked in and both rooms were configured Queen - and nice looking and large. We talked to the cabin attendants and we were told the rooms were originally held for handicapped. We also asked about D734 and we were informed it was a regular cabin that could be configured in Queen.

Therese

If those are the minis that were supposed to be designated as accessible cabins, I think they also have a shower only, no tub. But you might want to check on that one.

From what I read that is correct, that's prefect for us, no need for a tub.

Well, I may be a "rouge" poster, but when I look at my brochure and the online deck plans for the Crown and Emerald, I don't see anything about non-converting twins and shower only. My brochure for Caribbean Princess and the online deck plans for Caribbean Princess shows these as Cat AE with non-converting and shower only.

The links above are referring to the CB.

We are booked on the Ruby for 2009. Everything I've been told is to refer to Crown and Emerald plans, not Caribbean.

Archived