Hair Braiding

ILFAN11

I posted this on another board....

Is there a good place in Cabo or Ensenada to get hair braiding for 12 year old girl? Also, anyone know a good price? Cancun and Bahamas are always cheaper than St. Marteen and never have found a place in St. Thomas. Any suggestions on Cabo or Ensenada? Thanks!

DD had hers done on the ship. It was $45 for half a head. It took about 30 minutes. She loved it. I will definetly have it done on the ship again. There was no haggling over price, it was cool and quiet. Plus, we did not have to worry about lice.

I have to laugh at this post..I just had my 8 year olds hair braided in St. Maartin. My friend had warned me to get big braids, becasue they charge by the braid, so I told the girl big braids. I told her this several times. 35!! braids later, I had spent over $100.00 on an 8 year olds hair. Even after I kept reminding the girl doing it to make the braids bigger. Then she had the nerve to try to sell me jewelry! I told her I was still in shock over the $100.00braids! The killer is that we only had her crown done, not going all the way down. I have to admit, she looks really cute, but now after reading this post, I know I can have it done on the ship, I will do that next year.

Always negotiate the price before you have it done. My DD had her hair braided in St. Thomas; it was $2 per braid and she had (I think) 40 braids. It lasted almost eight weeks until we finally took them out.

Pricey, but it was well worth it as she loved it.

Do all ships offer the hair braiding? Where on the ship do they do this?

I have an eleven-year old who would love to have her hair done.:rolleyes:

They should. Just call the salon and ask. They will either charge you by the braid or half / full head.

I have to laugh at this post..I just had my 8 year olds hair braided in St. Maartin. My friend had warned me to get big braids, becasue they charge by the braid, so I told the girl big braids. I told her this several times. 35!! braids later, I had spent over $100.00 on an 8 year olds hair. Even after I kept reminding the girl doing it to make the braids bigger. Then she had the nerve to try to sell me jewelry! I told her I was still in shock over the $100.00braids! The killer is that we only had her crown done, not going all the way down. I have to admit, she looks really cute, but now after reading this post, I know I can have it done on the ship, I will do that next year.

Hair braiding was the only thing my 7 yr old wanted on the cruise. She only had the front of her hair done. It made it so easy to care for on the ship. She kept them in for about a month after we got home. I think that she had 13 braids. I thought that the salon a little pricey, but, after hearing your cost. If feel that I got a great deal.

You have to tell them before they do your hair how much you're paying at whatever cost is. Ask them how much per braid, and it's usually $1-2 per braid, so you say you're paying for only 25 braids, or whatever.

When I was little, I had them done all the time on cruises. I would get them going back on my crown. Very cute. But if you're doing it on a beach somewhere, make sure you dose your kid in sunblock and give them lots of water while the braiding is going on.

Archived